Staff Frontend Engineer
Capital Markets Gateway
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2023
“Companies access the capital markets to raise money that will ultimately drive expansion, innovation, and employment growth, which is why we have built an integrated capital markets platform that will optimize the deal flow process for all market participants.” Greg Ingram, CMG CEO and co-founder.
Capital Markets Gateway (CMG) is a FinTech start-up that is transforming the equity capital markets (ECM). The capital raising process is riddled with inefficiencies and operational risk. CMG is creating a digital marketplace that connects investors and underwriters via a neutral platform that delivers integrated ECM data and analytics. CMG’s platform streamlines workflows and delivers information and analytics in real-time providing users with long-desired speed to market and analysis vital to decision making.
About the team:
The CMG engineering team consists of domain experts who work collaboratively within a culture of cross-domain knowledge sharing. We value engineers who are passionate about modern technologies and best practices. Our engineers are willing to challenge the status quo and are constantly seeking improvement and efficiency in our code-base and platform. CMG engineers are empowered to explore solutions and bring recommendations to the table. We are in a period of making impactful engineering decisions. As part of our process, we believe in taking the time for research and prototyping - this is critical in making the right decisions.
Given the experience of our team, we have naturally adopted best practices from local development, through code review and into production rollouts. Besides the standard pull requests, test automation, code coverage tracking, containerization, and one-click deployments we are constantly reviewing these foundational components to develop new best practices.
CMG is searching for an experienced front-end engineer. You will work alongside other talented engineers in defining and executing a short term and long-term vision for front-end development. Your output will have a significant impact on both CMG’s core product and the day to day of CMG’s front end development team. We’re proud of what we’ve built -- we’re looking for a passionate individual that can help us take it to the next level.
What you will be responsible for:
- Ownership over core front end architecture (shared with other front-end leads)
- Delivering high value, high complexity product features
- Training engineers, driving consistency, and creating re-usable patterns
- Enhancing developer experience
- Proactively identifying areas of improvement and acting on them
Areas you may contribute to in your first six months:
- Feature delivery on one of CMG’s SaaS web apps
- Monorepo tooling
- Module federation
- DataGrid architecture
- GraphQL strategy
- Component testing architecture
- Visual regression testing
- 10+ years in software engineering
- 5+ years building UIs with ReactJS
- 5+ years building backend services (day to day at CMG will not entail backend development, but this role requires deep understanding of fullstack architecture)
- Modern JS
- Build tooling (i.e. Nx, webpack, Turbo, create-react-app, module federation)
- State management (i.e. redux, xstate, immer, mobx, apollo reactive
- Modern API (i.e. GraphQL, React Query, Apollo, OpenAPI)
- Modern Testing
- Unit (i.e. jest)
- Component (i.e. React Testing Library, storybook, playwright)
- End to end (i.e. playwright, testcafe, cypress)
- Modern CSS (i.e. css-in-js, styled-components)
- Modern DevOps
- Containerized development and deployment
- Configuration of and use of CI
- Adhering to and advocating for CD principles
Nice to have:
- Mobile App Development (i.e., react-nativeiOS, Android)
- Data Visualizations (i.e., d3, HighCharts, Chart.js)
- C# .NET (our microservice stack)
- CI, CD, Docker, and modern DevOps
- Feature Flagging strategy/tooling
- Financial Services related technologies
- We innovate with purpose
- We focus on outcomes vs. output
- We believe diverse and inclusive teams fuel innovation
- We are humble yet candid
- We do right by the customer
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits program
- 401k match
- Flexible time off
- Fully remote work environment
- Support to further your education
- A culture of people first
The estimated salary range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000. The successful candidate’s salary will be determined by non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in our benefits program including health, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off and our equity plan .
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the US.
CMG embraces our ongoing commitment to building a culture reflecting the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We will accept nothing less than equity, inclusion, and belonging for all. With the only constant in life being change, we will always listen, learn, and improve for the betterment of our teams, customers, and communities. CMG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
See more open positions at Capital Markets Gateway
Something looks off?