Strategic Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Capchase is the growth partner for ambitious software-as-a service (SaaS) companies. Our mission is to help founders grow their businesses faster through non-dilutive capital, market insights and community support. To carry out this mission, we've received $700M+ in funding from some of the best VCs in the space like 01A Advisors (BrightHire, Master Class), Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square), SciFI (Stripe, Brex), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable) and QED (Nubank, Klarna).
In a little over three years, we’ve provided billions in funding to thousands of companies, expanded operations to ten countries in the US and Europe, and grown our team from four co-founders in May 2020 to 120 Capchasers today.
Since our launch in 2020, we’ve achieved several milestones:
➡ 4K+ companies registered
🏃 5,000 plus months additional runway generated
🙌 Over 120 Capchasers working across 14 cities around the world representing over 20 nationalities
🌎 10 countries in which we operate
📈 250% annual company growth
👫 Built an awesome culture.�
We are looking for a talented and motivated Strategic Finance Manager based in NYC to play a crucial role in leading Capchase’s Strategic Finance function to drive overall business success.
You will be a critical hire at Capchase, driving strategic decisions around business growth, evaluating new business opportunities, implementing best practices around financial planning, and driving external positioning of the business - all while working alongside exceptional professionals and very close to the senior management and founders.
- Lead key financial processes including the annual budget, long-term planning and forecasting and drive monthly financial reviews.
- Develop strategic models and help provide financial guidance to key stakeholders in decision-making and negotiating new products and partnerships.
- Build and maintain forecasting models to provide insight for operating results and participate in setting guidance and financial targets.
- Create actionable reporting on key operating and financial metrics to contribute to decision-making processes.
- Business partnering - assist in evaluating new business initiatives, products, or partnerships through financial analysis and modeling.
- Key driver of impactful presentation materials for the Board of Directors, Executive team and Company wide audiences.
- 4+ years in corporate/strategic finance, investment banking or similar roles (fintech or lending experience preferred).
- Within commutable distance of our NYC office (expect to be in the office about 3 times a week).
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting preferred.
- Operational knowledge of simplifying complicated data-driven financial models is crucial.
- Vital that you can internalize the value of data, technology and automation in addition to continually challenging the current process to seek the optimal solutions for Capchase.
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including advanced Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively convey financial insights to non-financial stakeholders.
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.