Senior Frontend Engineer - Remote in South America or Portugal
Candidly was founded in 2016 to flip the script on what it means to plan, borrow, repay, and save for college. Today, we’re the category leader with the market’s most comprehensive AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform. We partner with hundreds of top employers, financial institutions, and retirement record keepers, positioning Candidly to serve more than 35 million Americans.
We’re already achieving incredible results — to date, we’ve helped our users get on track to eliminate more than $650 million in student debt and pay off their loans 68,000 years quicker — and we’re seeking movers, shakers, innovators, and problem solvers to help take our mission even further.
Candidly is a high-growth, Series B startup, funded by leading investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Unum, and Cercano Management. Our fully remote, international team of 70 (and counting) includes alumni from Google, UBS, Twitter, Plaid, Prudential, LendingTree, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and more.
Our team is fully remote and is made up of leaders, creators, visionaries, parents, partners, cycling enthusiasts, winemakers, and champion jugglers (yes, really!) living and working all around the world. This position is open to candidates in South America or Portugal.
Candidly is looking for a seasoned engineer to join our engineering team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a team leading and being a part of a team committed to autonomy, accountability, and ownership of various high-quality solutions built with modern technologies and best practices in mind.
To ensure success, you should have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of web application development, both from a technical (Frontend to Infrastructure) and non-technical (Product Discovery, through Delivery, to Customer Success) perspective. You should be able to evaluate needs, time limitations, and system limitations when conceptualizing solutions.
- Implementing features and functionality for the Candidly platform using React and Typescript.
- Participating in both business and technical planning to align development efforts with product requirements, organizational goals, and robust scalable design needs.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving across various application domains.
- Documenting processes for the use of other developers.
- Providing monitoring and guidance during application design and development phases.
- Support and facilitate in maintenance and upgrades of existing software applications.
- Champion and support the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Coordinate with QA to develop test cases, procedures, and plans.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience developing React code using TypeScript.
- Strong knowledge of CSS, including styling and layout techniques.
- Solid understanding of API RESTful architectures.
- Proficiency in utilizing UI frameworks to translate designs into usable products.
- Strong English communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Track record of developing and managing complex software systems, and the ability to explain the implementation details.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical reasoning skills, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive collaboratively in a remote team environment.
- Previous experience working in Lean/Agile engineering teams and delivering projects on schedule.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience creating UIs with Material UI.
- Experience with automated testing using unit or end-to-end tests.
- Experienced with implementing designs as application layouts
- Comfortable with frequent incremental code testing and deployment
- Previous startup experience
- Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
Background and EEOC
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly strives to foster an environment where every employee can succeed. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.