Data Scientist - Remote in Latin America
Candidly was founded in 2016 to flip the script on what it means to plan, borrow, repay, and save for college. Today, we’re the category leader with the market’s most comprehensive AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform. We partner with hundreds of top employers, financial institutions, and retirement record keepers, positioning Candidly to serve more than 35 million Americans.
We’re already achieving incredible results — to date, we’ve helped our users get on track to eliminate more than $650 million in student debt and pay off their loans 68,000 years quicker — and we’re seeking movers, shakers, innovators, and problem solvers to help take our mission even further.
Candidly is a high-growth, Series B startup, funded by leading investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Unum, and Cercano Management. Our fully remote, international team of 70 (and counting) includes alumni from Google, UBS, Twitter, Plaid, Prudential, LendingTree, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and more.
Our team is fully remote and is made up of leaders, creators, visionaries, parents, partners, cycling enthusiasts, winemakers, and champion jugglers (yes, really!) living and working all around the world. This role is open to candidates based in Latin America.
Seniority Level: Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist who will focus on providing data-driven insights and creating dashboards for our marketing and customer success teams. The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting data related to user engagement to help drive business growth via actionable and interpretable insights for our partners. The Data Scientist will report directly to the Head of Data Science and work collaboratively with other teams across the organization.
- Work closely with the client relations and marketing teams to understand their data needs and provide regular reports and analysis on customer interactions, campaign performance, and sales trends.
- Develop and maintain dashboards that provide actionable insights and visualizations of key performance indicators for the client relations and marketing teams.
- Analyze and interpret data to identify opportunities to improve customer engagement and drive business growth.
- Work with the data engineering team to ensure data accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Identify and troubleshoot data quality issues to ensure data integrity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement data-driven strategies.
- Monitor and report on industry trends and best practices related to client relations and marketing analytics.
- Communicate findings and insights to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, or economics.
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, preferably in a marketing or client relations role.
- Working knowledge of SQL. Ability to take analysis deeper in either R or Python is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and machine learning techniques is a plus.
Background and EEOC
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly strives to foster an environment where every employee can succeed. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.