Candidly was founded in 2016 to flip the script on what it means to plan, borrow, repay, and save for college. Today, we’re the category leader with the market’s most comprehensive AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform. We partner with hundreds of top employers, financial institutions, and retirement record keepers, positioning Candidly to serve more than 35 million Americans.
We’re already achieving incredible results — to date, we’ve helped our users get on track to eliminate more than $650 million in student debt and pay off their loans 68,000 years quicker — and we’re seeking movers, shakers, innovators, and problem solvers to help take our mission even further.
Candidly is a high-growth, Series B startup, funded by leading investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Unum, and Cercano Management. Our fully remote, international team of 70 (and counting) includes alumni from Google, UBS, Twitter, Plaid, Prudential, LendingTree, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and more.
Candidly’s Sales Engineers act as the tip of the spear for our Go-to-Market (GTM) team. Our SEs focus on delivering world-class product demonstrations, driving product development based on market feedback, and building scalable solutions for the entire GTM team. Our SE will be the primary owner to work with our largest enterprise clients to take in their vision, and deliver a tailored solution that fits in our product capabilities. This happens through your ability to navigate client-facing conversations, and then working internally with Engineering, product, and sales, to present a solution that works for all involved parties. You’ll work closely with our sellers (both direct and partnerships), but you’ll also get the opportunity to work with several other organizations within the company, including (but not limited to) product, engineering, data science, marketing, and WCS. You will take the lead to figure out where gaps are and how they may be filled by collaborative efforts. We’re looking for an A+ player that will help make the most of the incredible market opportunity that lies ahead. Your work will be critical for the success of our customers and our company.
- Run sales demos, and own the documentation, process, and updating of how we demo and speak about the product
- Own and support documentation for things like SOWs, product scopes, and other formalized configurations
- Become an expert of our product
- Bridge the gap between GTM teams including marketing, product, sales, and engineering
- Help to establish and define process improvements and best practices within the sales organization
- Work closely with key stakeholders in rolling out new products to the market from a sales pitch perspective
- Conduct ongoing reviews of our sales process, and leverage data to determine process improvements, market shifts, and strategy
- Be accountable for analyzing, influencing and communicating key performance metrics
- Inform, influence, and support product design/management as well as operational processes as a function of new relationships or new product implementations
- Bring competitive market intelligence to the firm, informing management of ongoing, dynamic changes within the market and across our buyer
- Curate product feedback to enable the Product and Engineering teams to enhance and refine to solve customer needs
- Meet, exceed, and support sales quotas
- 5+ years of relevant Sales Engineering experience
- You can easily relate complicated concepts to non-technical people while maintaining the ability to speak credibly to highly technical people. You hear customer pains and excel at root-cause analysis in real time
- Solution sales driven and understands business value
- Ruthless documentation in SFDC or other CRMs
- Experience drafting and formalizing documents like Statements of Work and other client-facing documentation
- Examples of pragmatic solutions to a complex set of customer requirements that lead to winning the deal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You tie business problems to Candidly’s technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- You have a proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You perform well under uncertain, high pressure, and high impact conditions
- Consistent track record of overperforming in quota-carrying roles
- Strong listening, negotiation, project management, analytical and presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time, while paying strict attention to detail
- Self-motivated, and adept at developing internal and external relationships
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
- Humble and hungry: we have a no primma donna policy, as we are all humble servants of our mission to crush student debt.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Background and EEOC
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly strives to foster an environment where every employee can succeed. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.