Student Loan Coaching Specialist
Candidly was founded in 2016 to flip the script on what it means to plan, borrow, repay, and save for college. Today, we’re the category leader with the market’s most comprehensive AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform. We partner with hundreds of top employers, financial institutions, and retirement record keepers, positioning Candidly to serve more than 35 million Americans.
We’re already achieving incredible results — to date, we’ve helped our users get on track to eliminate more than $650 million in student debt and pay off their loans 68,000 years quicker — and we’re seeking movers, shakers, innovators, and problem solvers to help take our mission even further.
Candidly is a high-growth, Series B startup, funded by leading investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Unum, and Cercano Management. Our fully remote, international team of 70 (and counting) includes alumni from Google, UBS, Twitter, Plaid, Prudential, LendingTree, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and more.
We support our Can-doers with comprehensive healthcare plans (medical, dental and vision), retirement plans, a co-working allowance, life and disability insurance, and paid vacation time, parental leave, and volunteer days. Of course, we also offer a student loan repayment benefit!
Our team is fully remote and is made up of leaders, creators, visionaries, parents, partners, cycling enthusiasts, winemakers, and champion jugglers (yes, really!) living and working all around the world. This role is open to candidates based in the US.
As a Student Debt Coaching Specialist, you’ll work one-on-one with end users to provide expert, one-to-one guidance on student loan repayment. We’re expanding our coaching service to help even more users navigate the complexity of student loans (e.g. federal repayment plans, public service loan forgiveness, refinance, consolidation, tax considerations, accelerated payments, college funding) and balance other long-term financial goals alongside debt repayment. As a subject matter expert, you will also be leveraging your knowledge to help enhance the guidance and experience on our technology platform. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is eager to help advance the program and comfortable communicating directly with end users. Empathy, curiosity, and a growth mindset are critical to this role.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of financial planning and/or coaching experience
- Experience working in a high growth, high intensity environment
- Experience supporting employee and group benefits, including retirement, health, financial wellness and/or student debt benefits
- Proficient interpersonal skills, demonstrated by a strong sense of empathy plus the ability to build authentic business relationships and effectively manage relational challenges
- Influential verbal and written communication skills, including expertise in presenting to both small and large audiences
- Accountability, organization, project management, and time management skills are essential
- Proactive, responsive, customer-first attitude with a proven track record of acting as customer champions
- Experience building, evaluating and optimizing processes
- A team-player with a proven track record of excelling in fast-moving environments and taking initiatives above and beyond the call of duty
- Technological literacy
Nice to Haves:
- Certifications - CSLP designation
- Experience or knowledge in college funding strategies
- Experience with creating content around financial wellness topics
Background and EEOC
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly strives to foster an environment where every employee can succeed. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?