Director, Strategic Partnerships, Sales - Remote in the USA
Candidly was founded in 2016 to flip the script on what it means to plan, borrow, repay, and save for college. Today, we’re the category leader with the market’s most comprehensive AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform. We partner with hundreds of top employers, financial institutions, and retirement record keepers, positioning Candidly to serve more than 35 million Americans.
We’re already achieving incredible results — to date, we’ve helped our users get on track to eliminate more than $650 million in student debt and pay off their loans 68,000 years quicker — and we’re seeking movers, shakers, innovators, and problem solvers to help take our mission even further.
Candidly is a high-growth, Series B startup, funded by leading investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Unum, and Cercano Management. Our fully remote, international team of 70 (and counting) includes alumni from Google, UBS, Twitter, Plaid, Prudential, LendingTree, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and more.
We support our Can-doers with comprehensive healthcare plans (medical, dental and vision), retirement plans, a co-working allowance, life and disability insurance, and paid vacation time, parental leave, and volunteer days. Of course, we also offer a student loan repayment benefit!
Our team is fully remote and is made up of leaders, creators, visionaries, parents, partners, cycling enthusiasts, winemakers, and champion jugglers (yes, really!) living and working all around the world. This role is open to candidates based in the US.
We are seeking a fearless hunter with serious domain expertise to spearhead this emerging category of commercial distribution, building on significant wins already closed within the space. You should be intimately familiar with positioning a spectrum of integration options (from SSO, to widget-driven, to API-driven experiences), based on the partner’s vision, their availability of resources, and desired speed to market.
You are comfortable leading key deals currently in process while also urgently building net new pipeline opportunities. You are a master of the sales cycle process, and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas. You should already be well networked and respected within the fintech, mobile payments, and/or financial services space.
Externally, you’ll be focused on named accounts that you know should command our attention as a channels-centric organization, on a mission to reach 46M Americans through the financial institutions already serving the consumer.
What You'll Do:
- Run point on all key aspects of the deal, from origination to qualifications of partners to early stage discussions to running the RFPs to managing through information security and other diligence to negotiations and documentation
- Source, design and evangelize new revenue generating partnership opportunities in the fintech, financial services, and payments space with external partners
- Build and manage relationships with partners around the country including management of commercial (business, product & performance) terms.
- Lead sophisticated conversations with your client stakeholders, defining their GTM approach with Candidly, framing and clarifying the partner’s crawl, walk, run approach to four integration options from outlink, to SSO, to widget-driven, and API-driven experiences within the native experience of our channel partners.
- Be accountable for analyzing, influencing and communicating key performance metrics
- Inform, influence, and support product design/management as well as operational processes as a function of new relationships or new product implementations
- Bring competitive market intelligence to the firm, informing management of ongoing, dynamic changes within the market and across our buyer
- Meet and/or exceed sales quotas.
- 8+ years of strategic partnership experience within the fintech, retirement and/or digital payments space
- Systematic approach to partnership generation built around helping bolster partner’s business objectives through win-win solutions
- Comfort selling to C-suite coupled with executive presence and ability to perform under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive
- Strong listening, negotiation, project management, analytical and presentation skills within the industry
- Excellent written, verbal communication and outstanding presentation skills
- Experience in managing complex RFPs, evolved compliance diligence and information security processes
- Track-record of working alongside legal counsel in complex negotiations
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time, while paying strict attention to detail
- Humble and hungry: we have a no primma donna policy, as we are all humble servants of our mission to crush student debt.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity inherent developing partnerships using a fast-evolving product road-map
- Self-motivated, and adept at developing internal and external relationships
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Ruthless documentation in SFDC or other CRMs
Background and EEOC
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly strives to foster an environment where every employee can succeed. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?