Accounts Payable Specialist - Temp to Hire - Remote in the USA
Candidly was founded in 2016 to flip the script on what it means to plan, borrow, repay, and save for college. Today, we’re the category leader with the market’s most comprehensive AI-driven student debt and savings optimization platform. We partner with hundreds of top employers, financial institutions, and retirement record keepers, positioning Candidly to serve more than 35 million Americans.
We’re already achieving incredible results — to date, we’ve helped our users get on track to eliminate more than $650 million in student debt and pay off their loans 68,000 years quicker — and we’re seeking movers, shakers, innovators, and problem solvers to help take our mission even further.
Candidly is a high-growth, Series B startup, funded by leading investors including Altos Ventures, Aflac, Salesforce Ventures, UBS, Equal Opportunity Ventures, Impact Engine, Rethink Impact, Unum, and Cercano Management. Our fully remote, international team of 70 (and counting) includes alumni from Google, UBS, Twitter, Plaid, Prudential, LendingTree, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and more.
We support our Can-doers with comprehensive healthcare plans (medical, dental and vision), retirement plans, a co-working allowance, life and disability insurance, and paid vacation time, parental leave, and volunteer days. Of course, we also offer a student loan repayment benefit!
Our team is fully remote and is made up of leaders, creators, visionaries, parents, partners, cycling enthusiasts, winemakers, and champion jugglers (yes, really!) living and working all around the world. This role is open to candidates based in the US.
Candidly is seeking a temp to hire Accounts Payable specialist to perform all aspects of the Accounts Payable function, including: maintaining and retrieval of documents, distributing incoming mail, providing the weekly check run, resolving account inquiries and other duties as needed. The candidate will report directly to the Controller and will provide the highest standard of customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing and preparing all invoices on a daily basis and route for approval
- Maintain and update all account payable data and ensure accuracy in the general ledger
- Classify documents with the proper general ledger account and department
- Manage new vendor setups by acquiring W-9 forms from vendors and entering vendor information in the accounting system
- Prepare the list of month-end accruals for the general ledger team and identify prepaid expenses
- Process year-end 1099s and ensure accuracy of information and timely filing
- Support the corporate card program by answering questions, updating policies, and reviewing support
- Monitor credit card transactions and ensure expenses are appropriately reconciled
- Adhere to and meet month-end close deadlines
- Identify areas of improvement to ensure efficient and effective processing of AP and T&E transactions
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Detail oriented
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of spend and expense management platforms
Background and EEOC
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly strives to foster an environment where every employee can succeed. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?