Alternative Investments Product Specialist - Midwest RIA Channel
CAIS is building the first truly open marketplace for alternative investments, where financial advisors and asset managers engage and transact directly on a massive scale. CAIS provides financial advisors with a broad selection of alternative investment strategies, including hedge funds, private equity, private credit, real estate, digital assets, and structured notes; thus, allowing them to capitalize on opportunities and/or withstand ever-changing markets. Additionally, CAIS provides an industry leading learning system, CAIS IQ, that helps advisors learn faster, remember longer, and improve client outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced sales professional to join the Alternative Investments team, covering our Midwest region. Qualified applicants will have experience in the financial services industry and capacity to understand a diverse range of technical investment products. Working alongside their designated team, this person will be responsible for generating new business within RIAs, RIA aggregators, Independent Wealth Managers, and Family Offices as well as supporting product and distribution teams with fund manager coverage and client engagement. Ideal candidates will have excellent attention to detail and organization skills, as well as a great client service attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Please note that applicants must be based in the Greater Chicago Area.
- Initiate and execute new client relationships within RIAs, RIA aggregators, Independent Wealth Managers, and Family Offices in an assigned region
- Develop expertise on all CAIS investment products; Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, ’40 Act Funds, Equity and Debt Syndicate and Structured Solutions Service existing client relationships and fulfill any requests for assistance or information
- Prepare presentations and materials for client meetings
- Coordinate and execute tailored product launch strategies
- Coordinate manager due diligence and selection processes both in terms of breadth and investment quality, with the overall aim of providing best in class investment products to our clients
- Assist in the planning and execution of roadshows and conferences
- Assist in the creation of product marketing collateral
- Work alongside the sales team on client pitches, product positioning and sales campaigns
- Build excellent working relationships across multiple lines of business and corporate functions in collaboration with product onboarding
- Special projects and additional responsibilities to be determined based on capacity, skill, and interest
- 5+ years of internal and/or external sales experience in the alternatives space
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, or a related discipline required
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and learns quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to continuous professional development and improvement of the team
- Excellent client service aptitude and attitude
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Salesforce
- Series 7, 63, and/or 66
CAIS’ compensation package includes a market competitive salary, a performance bonus, and exceptional benefits. If you are located in New York, New York, the base salary range for this role is $125,000 - $175,000. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location.
CAIS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental and vision insurance, an employer matched retirement plan, wellness programs, and generous PTO and parental leave. Additionally, CAIS offers a flexible, hybrid in-office model; for most roles, we do not require a minimum number of days in office per week. For more information on our benefits and career opportunities, please visit our website: https://www.caisgroup.com/careers
Something looks off?