Phlebotomist - Medical Assistant
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Phlebotomists are responsible for collecting blood samples in accordance with medical clinics and laboratory policies, and federal, state, and local regulations. They also are tasked with labeling samples appropriately and logging all information related to tests performed and samples taken into a database. Phlebotomists might be drawing blood for tests, research, or donations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patients and verify their identity
- Collect blood samples by performing venipunctures and fingerstick
- Label all samples according to outlined procedures and policies
- Maintain lab equipment in a clean and safe manner
- Record tests performed and blood samples taken into databases
- Explain tests to patients and answer any questions they might have
- Complete all work in accordance with outlined medical clinic and laboratory guidelines, and federal, state, and local requirements
- Taking Patient Vital Signs
- Taking Medical Histories
- Preparing Patients for Medical Tests and Examinations
- Assisting Physicians During Examinations
- Explaining Medical Procedures to Patients
- Sterilizing Medical Instruments
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Phlebotomy certification required
- Phlebotomy license in state of practice, if required
- CPR certification preferred
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or diploma from an accredited school
- A minimum of one year experience as a Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist in a clinic, physician practice or urgent care setting
- Strong knowledge of medical correspondence, managing electronic medical records
- Proficient verbal and written English and Spanish skills
- Proven ability to prioritize a variety of tasks· Familiar with infection control policies and procedures