Medical Coder (Centrum Health)
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Centrum Health, part of NeueHealth is seeking a Medical Coder to join our team in Houston. The Medical Coder, or Certified Professional Coder, is responsible for reviewing a patient’s medical records after a visit and translating the information into codes that insurers use to process claims from patients. Their duties include confirming treatments with medical staff, identifying missing information, and submitting forms to insurers for reimbursement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duty of a Medical Coder is to assign codes to medical procedures and diagnoses. Other duties and responsibilities of a Medical Coder include:
- Making sure that codes are assigned correctly and sequenced appropriately as per government and insurance regulations
- Complying with medical coding guidelines and policies
- Receiving and reviewing patients’ charts and documents for verification and accuracy
- Following up and clarifying any information that is not clear to other staff members
- Collecting information made by the Physician from different sources to prepare monthly reports
- Implementing strategic procedures and choosing strategies and evaluation methods that provide correct results
- Examining any medical malpractice that has been reported by analyzing and identifying the medical procedures, diagnoses, or events that lead to the negligence
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent
- Medical Coding Certificate; RHIT or CPC by AAPC or AHIMA license; meet state licensure requirements
- Maintain coding certification and attends in-service training as required
- 1 year of medical coding experience
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Strong computer skills in data entry, coding, and knowledge of Electronic Medical Record software; Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.
Something looks off?