Engineering Manager, Customer Journey (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Teams are autonomous, filled with inclusive individuals, eager to learn, teach, constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Manager in our Customer Journey organization, you will lead & support incredible teams to help Brex unlock the next millions of customers. Our goal is to build highly scalable customer funnels, and optimize conversion and efficiency through intelligent systems. We’re looking for a servant leader who values growing the people on their teams alongside a strong desire to develop collaborative & effective organizations.
- Build, lead, and grow successful engineering teams alongside shown commitment to recruiting great talent. Recruiting is everyone’s responsibility at Brex.
- Develop & drive a robust growth strategy to lead experimentation, optimize acquisition channels, and discover new opportunities to impact & lift key performance metrics.
- Set direction for engineering team strategy, share context by elaborating the “why”, empower everyone to achieve their best work, and drive execution of projects while setting clear expectations.
- Guide teams to build and deliver high quality products at scale against tight timelines while encouraging creativity.
- Inspire a collaborative culture and uphold Brex’s values alongside high engineering standards to bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role managing individuals on teams.
- Experience having led, managed and developed high-performing Growth Engineering teams.
- Deep experience with growth-specific competencies such as customer acquisition, account onboarding, and experimentation strategy to identify product engagement patterns & trends.
- Strong and effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner, apply active listening when working with others, and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
- Experience driving initiatives across entire engineering organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction.
- A proven track record of building cultures that encourage ambition and foster empathy. You will create and contribute to a healthy and collaborative culture that showcases Brex’s values.
- You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.
- Experience in Growth related areas outside of just engineering.
- Familiarity with building various growth platforms, such as growth funnels, customer segmentation, unique and robust pricing or billing systems.
- You have started your own technology venture or were a foundational engineering member of an early-stage start up. We value entrepreneurial spirit & scrappiness!
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
- You have high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.