Business Development Manager (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Business Development at Brex
The Business Development (BD) team is responsible for partnerships and initiatives that drive new customer growth, increased engagement on Brex and increasing monetization to strengthen our business model. The team leads product integrations, channel partnerships and financial infrastructure partnerships all of which help to uniquely differentiate Brex Empower from other spend and travel management solutions. The BD team is responsible for strategy, sourcing, negotiation and cross-functional leadership throughout the partner lifecycle and internally we collaborate with nearly every team at Brex. As we grow, we are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where our team can dream big and execute.
The GTM Partnerships team at Brex is responsible for strategic product integrations and go-to-market initiatives that unlock growth and engagement on Brex spend and travel management (Brex Essentials, Brex Plus). We continually invest in increasing the utility of Brex via integrations into major ERP, HRIS, Procurement as well as a broad range of channel partners both help to expand Brex's reach to new customers. As a result, today Brex is integrated into all major enterprise ERPs, over 30 HRIS platforms, a leading B2B procurement platform and various channels which present the opportunity for meaningful partner-led business growth.
What you’ll do
As a Business Development Manager, you will be a visionary leader who helps generate top of funnel pipeline for Brex by developing and executing on a go-to-market strategy for several anchor partners in a given vertical. You will combine prior experience in partnerships/channel sales with the unique technology, partnerships and market opportunity at Brex to drive initiatives spanning the range from field engagement and lead generation to co-marketing (among other engagement models). You will be deeply integrated with Product Marketing, Revenue Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering, Legal and other teams working collaboratively to create a vibrant partner ecosystem around Brex.
- Develop a strategy for scaling strategic partnerships at Brex, including setting short- and long-term goals and performance metrics in line with Brex objectives
- Negotiating new partner agreements in line with your strategy and Brex business objectives
- Manage sales and marketing activities of partners to generate pipeline, revenue, and achieve sales targets
- Lead recurring partner on-site visits including sales events and in-person business reviews/QBRs
- Build cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships to drive alignment on shared projects, initiatives, and targets
- Collaborate with Revenue Marketing and Product Marketing on execution of a steady drumbeat of events and digital marketing across partners and territories
- Work cross-functionally to identify, prioritize and implement incentives, systems, and foundations required to scale the partner program and bring field engagement to life
- 5+ years of experience in channel partnerships/sales in enterprise SaaS Proven track record of revenue responsibility, exceeding quota targets and achieving strategic objectives
- Posses strong ownership mindset and take responsibility for partnership outcomes and initiatives
- Blend of technical awareness and financial savvy to develop an end-to-end view of technical effort and commercial value
- Comfort executing multiple projects in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving business while maintaining focus and consistency
- Business acumen spanning the range from strategic mindset (view of market dynamics, partner value propositions, strategic negotiations) to tactical initiatives to build the business
- Self-starter with drive to win by serving customers and growing revenue
- Up to 25% travel required
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.