Head of Internal Communications (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Internal Communications at Brex
As a leader of our Internal Communications team, you will be responsible for designing and executing communication strategies that effectively disseminate essential information, updates, and announcements throughout the organization. Your keen eye for detail and exceptional writing skills will be essential as you craft compelling and engaging content across various internal channels, such as intranet, newsletters, emails, and company-wide announcements.
What you’ll do
Brex is looking for an experienced leader to build and lead our Internal Communications department. This person will set the vision and lead all aspects of our internal communications strategy and execution. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you'll work closely with the executive team, especially our co-CEOs and Chief People Officer, to craft a cohesive narrative for the company and ensure it permeates throughout the company. You’ll build out the internal comms systems and processes at Brex that will ensure it scales with the business. As the internal communications leader, you will generate greater engagement from employees through a high degree of understanding and alignment with our mission.
- Set the strategy for internal communications at Brex, including executive communications
- Build the systems and processes for disseminating information effectively throughout the company and driving greater engagement from employees
- Provide thought leadership and message management for the leadership team at Brex
- Responsible for production and execution of company All Hands, CEO updates, organization-level change management, and much more
- Involvement on all changes at Brex, influencing the decision making and how changes are rolled out across the business
- Build a high-performance team to support the above
- 10+ years of experience in internal communications or corporate communications
- Demonstrated success in an in-house leadership role
- A product-oriented leader who treats internal comms like a product, constantly iterating and improving while recognizing Brex’s employees as their customer
- Experience in running executive communications, advising C-suite leadership and handling crisis management scenarios
- Experience delivering results with outstanding verbal, written and storytelling skills
- Ability to be creative and think outside the box from a communications perspective with an executive presence that demonstrates good judgment and candor
- Track record of leading a strategy that understands and evolves with change inside and outside of the company
- Strong cross-functional partnership and inspirational leadership that will drive collaboration across the company
- Agency or political work
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.