Commercial Contract Manager (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal and Compliance at Brex
The Legal and Compliance team helps the company grow responsibility, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a regulated environment and on a global scale requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
As a Contract Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the management of the end-to-end contracting process for commercial SaaS agreements for mid-market and enterprise customers, as well as inbound contracts for vendors and procurement. The Contract Manager will report directly to our head of commercial legal.
- Review, negotiate and drive outbound SaaS agreements and order forms for mid-market and enterprise customers within established contract tolerances
- Work collaboratively to provide continuous improvement of cross-team education and guardrails, and assist in the development and maintenance of playbooks, contract templates and legal processes (including CLM workflow development and refinement)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to systematize and proactively manage deal flow, ensuring timely and efficient contract negotiation and execution
- Identify and mitigate contractual risks within established parameters, escalating where required to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Draft, review and negotiate inbound contracts for vendors and procurement
- Design and scale processes for efficient contract lifecycle management, including renewals, amendments and terminations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including go-to-market, finance and product teams
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business Administration or related field, JD a strong plus but not required
- 5+ years of experience in contract management in the technology industry, or 3+ years as a contract manager in the technology industry plus a JD
- Strong understanding of SaaS business models, contracts and related legal concepts
- Demonstrated experience with CLM software and workflow systems design
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.
Something looks off?