Senior IT Systems Engineer (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
Engineering is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for both internal and external users. Our goal is to accelerate the business through technology and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach, and constantly improve how things work. Together, we strive to build robust and scalable systems that enable Brex to continue growing rapidly with our customers and help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
Corporate Engineering is responsible for maintaining core systems Brex teams use to authenticate, communicate and collaborate, and the devices Brex teams use to access these systems.
We develop solutions to integrate and automate services developed by 3rd party vendors, the OSS community, and internal teams. We build tools to enable users to be self-sufficient, to improve visibility for troubleshooting and compliance, and to reduce toil for our IT Operations team.
We act as SMEs and Tier 3 support collaborating with teams across the business to help them achieve their objectives.
- Manage and optimize IT’s infrastructure, services, and tooling
- Develop new services in support of Information Technologies vision
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical guidance for IT initiatives
- Produce documentation and lead training sessions to operationalize IT capabilities
- Evangelize best practices both internally and externally
- 4+ years of experience working in an engineering capacity within an IT team
- 2+ years of experience acting as a Solutions Architect
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Golang)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience managing macOS or Windows systems at scale
- Experience managing complex environments “as code”
- A love of mentoring and growing junior team members
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.
Something looks off?