Boosted.ai is a fintech company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with offices in New York City. We provide AI tools to asset managers to augment their equity capital markets research. Boosted.ai empowers finance professionals to use AI and machine learning to sort through massive amounts of data to find stock opportunities. We are a well funded, post Series-B company - our lead investors are innovators and disruptors in financial and technology markets, including Spark Capital (Twitter, Slack, Affirm), Ten Coves Capital (Plaid, Sentieo, TouchBistro), Portage Ventures (Wealthsimple, Borrowell, Nesto), and RBC (Royal Bank of Canada).
We are looking for an experienced and proven Accountant to maintain our financial records and ensure the smooth functioning of the accounting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in bookkeeping and accounting at entrepreneurial companies, preferable with SaaS focused entities, with a commitment to precision and integrity. This position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team in the financial technology sector. This position reports directly to the CFO.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for two entities in a multi currency environment .
- Ensure accurate and complete financial statements and sub ledgers in compliance with relevant accounting practices and standards.
- Record and reconcile all financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash and general ledger entries.
- Responsible for the billing and revenue recognition using Ordway software. Work with the CFO and others to ensure accurate MRR reporting.
- Monitor and respond to all inquiries regarding accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain various supporting schedules for the general ledger such as deferred revenue, accrued expenses, prepaids, and cash.
- Monitor and reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements.
- Record intercompany transactions.
- Ability to perform monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes accurately and timely..
- Prepare and file sales tax returns and other government compliance reports.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and other reporting as necessary..
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure accurate recording and reporting of financial data
- Assist with audits and provide necessary documentation and support.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline accounting procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Advanced Professional accounting certification such as Canadian Professional Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
- Experience in the SaaS software industry or investment industry is preferred.
- Proficient in using accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks Online) and Microsoft Excel.
- Proven progressive experience as an accountant within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian and US accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this full-time position is $65,000 - $75,000 + bonus + options + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.