Software Engineer - Web
Boosted.ai is an artificial intelligence company that enhances portfolio management outcomes for the global financial industry. Our software, Boosted Insights, uses machine learning to empower fund managers to augment their investment process to source new ideas, manage risk, and create alpha. Users of our software create predictive models for various use cases based on their financial domain expertise, using any combination of factors such as fundamental, macro, or custom data. We are headquartered in Toronto with an office in New York City.
We are looking for web developers who can help us build complex and data-rich web applications. These applications are what allow our users to create new machine learning models and portfolios, and view their performance over time.
As a web developer at Boosted.ai, you will develop impactful solutions to real-world portfolio management problems in the financial industry. We value engineers who have a passion for writing reusable, performant solutions to complex problems, who can keep an open mind and adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams.
- Development of new features for our React web application
- Integrate with HTTP and GraphQL APIs on our Java/Spring web server
- Take ownership of the full development cycle - Testing, Debugging, Optimization
- Partner with clients and other developers to design, build and roll out solutions that will optimize complex workflows
- Make quick, thoughtful decisions
- Be a collaborative member of your team
- Have a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Be an excellent problem solver
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field
- 2+ years programming experience in React and/or Java