Senior Manager, Banking & Partner Operations
Bond's mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital.
Bond makes it easy for businesses to compliantly offer financial products. We make integration to the myriad, often-antiquated financial vendors more streamlined and intuitive. And, we make regulatory compliance not only achievable, but accessible. Our platform streamlines the process of launching and iterating on financial products, thereby enabling digital brands to better engage their customers with unique financial products tailored to their needs.
At Bond, we value leadership and believe everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, who love to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
The Customer Operations (COPS) team is the connective tissue of the company, responsible for bringing financial products to market built on a growing banking-as-a-service platform with multiple external partners. COPS works cross-functionally across all areas of the business with the goal of establishing and improving our business processes to deliver exceptional customer experience in a scalable, efficient way.
Reporting into our Director of Fintech Operations, this role will be responsible for operationalizing our critical financial institution and partner relationships in support of bringing innovative financial offerings to life. You will support and lead external partner implementations, creating project plans and owning their outcome, as well as building a team of subject matter experts to maintain the daily cadence of the business. You will create and manage operational workflows and collaborate with key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Legal & Compliance, and Partnerships to drive successful outcomes. This is a highly visible, cross-functional role that will require thoughtful leadership, strategic thinking and detailed execution.
- Support in the evaluation of and implementation with new financial institutions and partners, with a hands-on approach to achieve streamlined and efficient partner onboarding
- Build trust and maintain strong, lasting relationships with a solution-oriented approach to deliver exceptional CX for internal and external stakeholders alike
- Define and continuously refine a repeatable playbook for partner and customer implementations which includes best practices and cross-functional efficiencies in processes, procedures and tools
- Build and train a specialized team of operational experts as Bond's partner and customer base continues to grow and expand
- Provide functional and technical leadership to the COPS team to develop and execute service offerings that drive and accelerate customer adoption, engagement, and growth
- Assist in developing short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve and drive strategic objectives to completion
- Advocate for the voice of the customer to Product & Engineering leadership and influence product prioritization and roadmaps
- 6+ years of professional career experience, including 3+ years in an operational role in fintech, banking-as-a-service, or financial services company
- Experience interfacing with financial institutions or managing banking partner relationships
- Working knowledge of card issuance, card processors, card networks and card printers
- Executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of operationalizing and scaling complex processes
- Strong project and time management skills
- Comfort working in a high-growth, fast-paced environment where priorities can quickly change– you enjoy charting a path through ambiguity and controlled chaos.
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of the embedded finance space, particularly on the issuer side and/or in payments
- Experience leading large and complex implementation projects
- Familiarity with Regulatory Compliance, Risk, Credit Issuance requirements (e.g. UDAAP, Reg Z, Reg E, Fair Lending)
- Experience in an externally-facing role (e.g. Customer Success, Technical Support, Partner Solutions, etc.)