Bond's mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital.
Today, it's difficult for many businesses to build the financial products they imagine. Whether that's launching a new credit or debit card, a savings account, a lending business, or anything else — there are barriers in the way. Bond is focused on helping brands, businesses, and banks hurdle over those roadblocks.
Bond makes it easy for businesses to compliantly offer financial products. We make integration to the myriad, often-antiquated financial vendors more streamlined and intuitive. And, we make regulatory compliance not only achievable, but accessible. Our platform streamlines the process of launching and iterating on financial products, thereby enabling digital brands to better engage their customers with unique financial products tailored to their needs.
At Bond, we value leadership and believe everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, who love to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
As our Compliance Manager, you will work closely with team members across functions — including Partnerships, Product, Engineering, Operations and Data — to support the launch of new financial services products, while managing existing ones, via the Bond platform.
The ideal candidate will have previously worked at a fintech offering financial products and/or a sponsoring bank, and also have a strong desire to be at a high growth technology company. Strong acumen in the following is required: Consumer protection financial regulations, including CARD ACT/Regulation Z, commercial lending regulations, anti-money laundering laws, deposit and debit/prepaid card regulations, and marketing compliance.
- Conduct regulatory risk assessments to identify key areas of inherent compliance risk, mitigating controls, and residual risks that apply to our bank partners.
- Identify, develop and/or advise on controls that address compliance risk and document accordingly.
- Maintain and update compliance policies and procedures.
- Perform targeted reviews, ongoing monitoring and transaction level testing across a broad range of areas to validate compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Provide support on compliance/AML audits, as well as for any regulatory examinations of bank partners.
- Provide support in preparation of Risk Committee materials and reporting.
- Develop internal and external compliance training materials.
- Complete additional projects and duties as directed.
You will have:
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of regulatory compliance experience or 5+ years compliance experience.
- Knowledge and experience with consumer protection laws and regulations (i.e. UDAAP, ECOA, EFTA, TILA, TISA, BSA/AML, OFAC, Privacy, FCRA, ESIGN, CAN-SPAM, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, TCPA, etc.)
- Prior experience with the fintech and Sponsor Bank model, especially banks that are supervised by the FDIC, CFPB and/or state banking regulatory bodies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project management, and risk management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills.
- Project management and organization skills required, with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with minimum supervision to manage conflicting priorities and successfully meet established project deadlines.
- A team player mindset while being collaborative and interfacing effectively with other teams.
You will preferably have:
- BSA/AML experience at a bank or fintech
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or related experience
- Direct experience dealing with bank regulators (FDIC, CFPB and state banking regulatory bodies preferred)
- Experience working with financial services vendors such as credit bureaus, fraud vendors, KYC solution providers and understanding of the format such vendors require for data files
- CRCM or ACAMS certifications are nice to have but not required
Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
However you identify and whatever background you may bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You also have the ability to work from wherever you feel most productive, including by taking advantage of the Company’s WeWork membership.
Something looks off?