Head of Enterprise Risk Management
Bond's mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and access to capital for individuals who have traditionally been underserved.
Today, it's difficult for many businesses to build the financial products they want. Whether that's launching a new credit or debit card, a savings account, loans, there are barriers in the way. Bond is focused on helping companies hurdle over those roadblocks by making it easy for them to compliantly offer financial products and better engage with their customers according to their needs.
Bond is searching for a pragmatic, collaborative, and whip-smart Head of Enterprise Risk Management to maintain, iterate and lead Bond’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program and educate the broader team on the inherent compliance and operational risks associated with financial products and services. As the owner, you will be a player/coach who can dive into many tactical areas with a strategic lens. You will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
You'll be responsible for:
- Leading the execution and continued development of an effective company-wide risk governance framework
- Implementing, managing and maintaining the ERM Program to identify, assess, respond, monitor, and report on risks on an ongoing basis
- Maintaining a standardized risk framework and methodology, and disseminating the guidance across the organization
- Partnering with various functions, including Operations, Engineering, Product, Sales, Talent, Finance and Legal to inventory key risks and controls
- Facilitating the development, enhancement, and/or formalization of key policies, procedures, monitoring, and reporting
- Identifying meaningful success criteria and metrics to report on the effectiveness of the ERM Program and the overall control environment
- Developing standardized reporting and escalation procedures to senior leadership for all risk areas, including strategic, emerging, and operational risks
- Managing and maintaining the Enterprise Risk Governance policies, procedures, and processes, including but not limited to, third-party risk management, issues management, and model governance
- Providing ongoing support to stakeholders and cross functional teams to ensure continuous improvement in an ever-changing fast-paced environment
- Assisting in evaluations, risk impact assessments, internal or external audits as needed
- Coordinating external consultants for information security and audits
- Chairing Bond’s internal Enterprise Risk Committee
- 10+ years of enterprise risk management in the financial services industry
- Deep understanding of risk management frameworks, conducting risk assessments and controls mapping
- Broad understanding of product-level financial and non-financial risks associated with new products/initiatives and ability to propose solutions
- Experience working within regulatory environments and knowledge of regulatory best practices
- Experience in leading ERM programs with oversight responsibilities for cybersecurity, operational, and compliance/regulatory risks
- Experience assessing enterprise business continuity and resiliency programs
- Comfort with fast-paced environments and an ability to adapt as needed
- Executive and Board level reporting and presentation skills
- Intellectually curious with excellent problem-solving abilities and ability to break apart issues and come up to speed on new issues
- Problem-solving skills in cross functional/matrix environment
- Demonstrate superior project management and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Have experience working at a high-growth technology company and thrive in dynamic environments
At Bond, everyone is a leader. We look for people who operate like owners, love to learn, have grit, and operate with integrity and empathy. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out — and set you apart. At Bond, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions.
Bond is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
However you identify and whatever background you may bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?