Policy & Procedure Writer
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is a hybrid role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
About the Role:
As a Policy and Procedure Writer at Bluevine, you will craft communications for our clients and the Customer Support team. In this role, you will work closely with our Banking Customer Support teams to understand the primary questions clients have and write clear, concise, easily searchable guides/support articles to resolve these questions. You will become a helper and educator for small business owners. Most importantly, you will create content that will help Bluevine create meaningful connections with our clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand both the client and support organization's content needs and develop a content strategy and design for fulfilling those needs
- Own the content and information architecture standards
- Partner with others across the organization to develop new processes, documentation, help guides, and client-facing communications.
- Use content diagnostic data to understand how content is performing and improve existing content
- Meet or exceed performance expectations based on key performance indicators like content accuracy, number of articles/ FAQs created, customer experience, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Identify, resolve, and or escalate risks that may impact the business
- Represent the voice of the customer by helping to provide product and customer experience feedback along with recommended enhancements
What We Look For:
- 1+ years of experience in technical writing or copywriting
- 1+ years of Customer Support experience including client-facing experience
- B.A. Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or an applicable field is preferred
- Open to learning from and working with multiple internal teams
- Have the desire to help small businesses
- Curiosity - You enjoy seeking information and are comfortable not knowing the answers, but you will work hard to discover the answers
- A quick thinker and a fast learner
- Great communication skills
- Excited about growing your career within a rapidly growing company
- Exhibits uncompromising integrity
New Hire Base Salary Range: $47,300 - $56,700
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
Something looks off?