Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is a hybrid role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
Join us as an integral part of the Accounting team at Bluevine! We are building an elite team of smart and driven individuals to deliver timely and accurate reports to management and be responsible for growth monitoring at Bluevine. You will be instrumental in Bluevine’s financial and business aspirations and will help the company realize its potential.
In this Accounting Manager role, you will have the opportunity to work on significant areas of the month-end close, ad-hoc projects as directed by management, and other critical operational tasks. This role will be a mixture of both managing a team as well as preparing more complex areas of accounting. The right person for this role is an outstanding communicator, sets a high bar for themselves and their work product, has strong leadership skills, is proactive,and can effectively problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a team of senior and staff accountants
- Manage ongoing financial statements and reporting schedules
- Review monthly working papers prepared for the month end close
- Analyze monthly and YTD results and present to senior management
- Support Bluevine's banking product accounting and work with the Product & Risk teams to review new products and enhancements.
- Supervise the accounts payable process and oversee vendor relations
- Supervise & assist in preparing the payroll accounting process, including commissions, and partner with the People & Payroll teams
- Work closely with the R&D team to track the company’s capitalized internally developed software
- Assist in coordinating, planning and executing annual audits with our external auditors
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements
- Assist in analyzing the effect of new accounting standards
- Assist with corporate tax reporting and communication with external tax advisors
- Work on various special projects and ad-hoc analyses as directed by management
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- At least 8 years of relevant experience:
- Banking, lending, fintech industry accounting
- Public accounting experience in financial services
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting GL systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Experience with complex reconciliations
- Experience in payroll accounting
- Strong understanding of both financial and operational controls
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a changing environment
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across the company
- Strong analytical mind and an eye for detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
New Hire Base Salary Range: $107,500 - $129,000
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
Something looks off?