Account Executive, Banking Sales
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is a hybrid role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Sell small business owners on Bluevine’s banking offering and help them onboard, adopt and use the platform to simplify & improve how they serve SMBs. Responsible for delivering results from leads coming in from a range of sources, through outreach, ongoing engagement, and consultative selling. Gather feedback from SMBs to help Bluevine improve it’s product, operations and go-to-market. Success in this role will help small business owners adopt and expand usage of Bluevine’s offering, building momentum in the market for Bluevine Banking.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Grow the number of small business owners using Bluevine’s banking platform. Meet monthly revenue goals with customer needs at the forefront, through the following activity:
- Drive lead conversion from sign-up for Bluevine’s Banking offering through proactive outreach via email and phone
- Conduct introductory outreach to welcome customers to Bluevine; strongly represent Bluevine’s brand with new customers
- Uncover customer needs and help them explore and adopt Bluevine’s banking related features within their first 30 days on the platform
- Engage existing customers throughout their lifecycle to introduce new or unused features & benefits, with the goal of driving adoption, usage, and revenue
- Drive adoption of Bluevine Bill Pay with new and existing customers
- Deliver product demonstrations and training to customers for Bluevine’s business checking, bill pay, lending solutions and other relevant features and benefits
- Capture and problem-solve customer objections, pain points and feedback; identify opportunities for cross-functional stakeholders to improve client outcomes
- Achieve the ambition goals set for you by learning how to effectively convey value to our prospects & clients and by looking for ways to work more efficiently through time management and suggesting opportunities to improve our sales process
- Help write the sales playbook for Bluevine Banking, by identifying opportunities to improve operating efficiency across the team
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 2+ years selling SaaS/FinTech into small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) with a proven track record of being in the top 10%
- Have a passion and love for helping business owners explore, adopt and use online financial management tools to simplify their operations and power growth
- Strong product demonstration skills and demonstrated ability to connect solutions to pain points and needs of small business owners
- Deep understanding of priorities and preferences of small business owners when evaluating new financial management solutions
- A team player, a quick thinker, and a fast learner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for achieving impact and results that is driven by an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong social selling and persuasion skills with a strong sales process discipline
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
Something looks off?