Manager, Banking Support
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
This is a hybrid role. At Bluevine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices have reopened in accordance with local guidelines, and are following a hybrid model. In-office days will be determined by location and discipline.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Bluevine is looking to add an experienced and strategic Customer Support Manager who will lead a team of Customer Support specialists who are passionate about serving others, customer-focused, and dedicated to helping small business owners succeed, communicating with them via phone, email and chat. The Customer Support Manager will be responsible for ensuring we deliver exceptional experiences to both our specialists and our customers. We need someone who is passionate about helping others develop, is a problem solver who loves to develop processes, and can lead initiatives that improve the employee and customer experience. We are looking for someone who is energetic, collaborative, self-motivated, and ready to step up to the challenge of helping build an organization that is crucial to our business and the small business owners we serve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for the development and day-to-day management of support specialists ensuring expectations set are clear and measurable - provides ongoing feedback to drive accountability and growth
- Implements and executes coaching and training routines to ensure support specialists develop exceptional customer care skills that enable them to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively across phone, email, and live chat
- Create a fun and engaging environment where everyone feels valued and welcomed
- Meet or exceed all department KPIs including but not limited to SLA, CSAT and FCR
- Develop and implement best in class customer support processes that help scale the organization while driving exceptional customer experiences
- Create and maintain knowledge base of best practices and procedure guides
- Represent the voice of the customer by helping to provide product and customer experience feedback and recommended enhancements to other departments in the organization
- Proactively identify, manage, and or escalate risks that may impact the business
- Responsible for hiring, training, onboarding, and performance management
- Shift seamlessly between the role of player and coach as the organization grows by answering calls, emails, and resolving escalations
- Able to think outside the box for solutions to customer inquiries and the ability to move quickly with limited direction
- Take ownership of various projects and processes to continue to improve the business and teams experience
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 2+ years on a financial services Customer Support Team, with at least two years in a leadership position, preferably at a banking, credit card or payment processing organization
- Customer focused, confident and empathetic leader
- Strong track record of developing high performing client centric teams
- Experience with a high volume of customer inquiries and customer accounts
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and apply those concepts to client needs
- Ability to maintain knowledge of technology trends, developments, and industry best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments with little direction
- Scrappy - We don't have all the answers, but you'll need to find them
- Ability to document and effectively raise operational trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent a plus
New Hire Base Salary Range: $66,800 - $80,100
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
Something looks off?