Sanctions System and Technology Manager
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, strong and seasoned Financial Crime Compliance professional to join Binance’s Financial Crime Compliance Team.
- Enhance and maintain Compliance screening system by: 1) reviewing historical investigation data; 2) testing, assurance, training & developing policies; and 3) monitoring & Investigations
- Research and identify rising AML-related risks with cryptocurrency business and keep up-to-date policy trends by tracking announcements and guidelines issued by international bodies and governments to monitor the financial crime-related risks with current business
- Identify and communicate possible risks associated with high-risk customers and business partners; and maintaining open lines of communication at various levels within the organization
- Critically evaluates processes for identifying, documenting and assessing compliance risks associated with Binance's activities, providing advice and challenge as appropriate;
- Pro-actively ensures that Binance's entities and employees effectively investigate, mitigate, and/or promptly remediate, any identified compliance issues, in line with policy and regulatory requirements;
- Horizon scans for regulatory and internal developments, that affect Binance globally;
- FCC risk profile, assessing their impact on internal projects, policies, procedures, processes and systems;
- Contributes and participates in internal and industry wide knowledge management initiatives, fostering the exchange of knowledge on evolving regulations, risk typologies etc., in order to better and deepen sanctions and AB&C knowledge;
- Possesses key project management skills and is capable of leading projects, ensuring the production of high quality deliverables within agreed timelines and budgets;
- Confidently raises challenge, providing different perspectives, whilst at the same time maintaining and building professional relationships;
- FCC’s Sanctions and AB&C team works together, we leverage our combined knowledge and expertise, to ensure we have the skill sets needed to fulfil our remit;
- The team works closely with key internal stakeholders, in an environment which provides a global overview on how sanctions and AB&C requirements and controls are embedded within the business. There are also opportunities to manage relationships with external stakeholders.
- 8+ years of proven experience in the (international) compliance / financial crime compliance domain
- Knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures and systems
- University degree
- ACAMS or ACFCS certification is preferred
- Fluent in English
- Strong analytical and writing skills, and sound judgement
- You understand the business and have strong professional knowledge of the FCC domain, the related processes, technology and developments in the field
- Experience in strategic initiatives and FCC oversight
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines
- You are pragmatic and energetic
- Learning agility as well as a critical and innovative mindset
- You have natural authority and at the same time you inspire, motivate and help others to succeed
- You are people-focused; connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you
- You are a good communicator verbally and in writing, being able to convey complex messages in a simple way to bring an understanding to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of sanctions and AB&C risks
- You are an expert in stakeholder management
- You are confident, result driven and seek to find innovative and new creative solutions
- Furthermore, you adhere to the Binance values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.
See more open positions at Binance
Something looks off?