Global Sanctions, ABC & CTF Advisory Specialist
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, motivated Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) professional to join Binance's Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) and Counter-Terrorist Financing Compliance team.
This role is a mid-level position that requires strong problem solving skills and the ability to take things on and make them happen.
- Subject Matter Expertise of financial crime compliance, specifically in relation to sanctions, ABC & CTF including risks, controls, industry best practice and regulatory requirements;
- Be part of a growing dynamic agile team, provide actionable advice to stakeholders pan Binance on how to effectively manage sanctions, ABC & CTF related risks and keeps them informed of developments in this area;
- Critically evaluate processes for identifying, documenting and assessing compliance risks associated with Binance's activities, providing advice and challenge as appropriate;
- Pro-actively ensure that Binance's entities and employees effectively investigate, mitigate, and/or promptly remediate, any identified compliance issues, in line with policy and regulatory requirements;
- Horizon scans for regulatory and internal developments, that affect Binance globally;
- Contribute and participates in internal and industry wide knowledge management initiatives, fostering the exchange of knowledge on evolving regulations, risk typologies etc., in order to better and deepen sanctions, ABC & CTF knowledge;
- Maintains and manage interactions with various stakeholders, balancing and navigating competing interests, to ensure common goals are achieved and sanctions and ABC matters are always dealt with effectively and efficiently;
- Possess good project management skills;
- Confidently raise challenge, providing different perspectives, whilst at the same time maintaining and building professional relationships;
- The team works closely with key internal stakeholders, in an environment which provides a global overview on how sanctions, ABC & CTF requirements and controls are embedded within the business. There are also opportunities to manage relationships with external stakeholders.
- 6+ years of proven experience in the (international) compliance / financial crime compliance domain, specifically in relation to sanctions, ABC & CTF
- In depth knowledge of EU sanctions would be preferred
- Knowledge of banking, payment & crypto business, processes, procedures and systems
- University degree
- ACAMS or ACFCS certification is preferred
- Fluent in English
- Strong analytical and writing skills, and sound judgement
- You understand the business and have strong professional knowledge of the broader FCC domain, the related processes, technology and developments in the field
- Experience in strategic initiatives and FCC oversight
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines
- You are pragmatic and energetic
- Learning agility as well as a critical and innovative mindset
- You have natural authority and at the same time you inspire, motivate and help others to succeed
- You are people-focused; connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you
- You are a good communicator verbally and in writing, being able to convey complex messages in a simple way to bring an understanding to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of sanctions,ABC & CTF risks
- You are experience with stakeholder management
- You are confident, result driven and seek to find innovative and new creative solutions
- Furthermore, you adhere to the Binance values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.
See more open positions at Binance
Something looks off?