Back End Engineer
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards will enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
What’s the role?
As a Senior Back End Engineer at Bilt, you’ll join a renowned team that is transforming the future of renting. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and documenting the back-end services for the Bilt mobile app and website while coaching and mentoring junior resources and collaborating with other team members and stakeholders. You will also drive best practices, ensure the technical feasibility of integrations and optimize the application for maximum speed, scalability and reliability.
In this role you will:
- Investigate and utilize Google Cloud Platform services to continuously improve application architecture
- Implement microservices using Java and Quarkus framework
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs related to payments, banking, loyalty, commerce and property management
- Propose and enhance automation initiatives related to infrastructure as code, CI/CD, monitoring and alerting
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well-designed, testable and efficient code
- Become a foundational member of our team, working alongside the Head of Engineering and Head of Product
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 3+ years of experience
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Demonstrable experience in Java development, REST, API security standards, Google Cloud Platform
- Great interpersonal skills and a team player
- Knowledge of the start-up world preferred
- A burning desire to win and reach overall company goals
- Flexibility - we are disrupting an industry so changes to traditional processes should be expected
Annual base salary range is $125,000 - 225,000 + bonus + benefits (medical, dental, vision) + 401K match + Equity. Ultimately, when building each comp package we consider job skills, experience and location.