Payment Operations Analyst
Payment Operations Analyst
Reporting to: VP, Finance and Payments
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across more than 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
What’s the role?
As a Payment Operations Analyst, you will be a key member of the Payments team, which is responsible for how members pay rent through Bilt. You will interact regularly with our external bank and payment processing partners, as well as other internal teams, including customer experience, product and engineering, finance and compliance - to operationalize, support and improve the member rent payment experience.
In this role, you will…
- Gain a deep understanding of the Bilt rent payment flows and how it fits into the broader customer experience
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to improve and optimize rent payment processes
- Lead transaction monitoring modules and provide insights to both internal and external stakeholders
- Research and resolve payment exceptions in a timely manner while effectively prioritizing customer needs
- Research and reconcile payment activity and reporting to support Bilt’s Alliance landlord partners
- Identify broader rent payment trends and surface to the appropriate internal departments
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a support or operations-type role
- Experience with credit card and/or bank payment processing, or other high volume payment flows is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other internal and external leaders
- Must thrive in dynamic environments. Driven to take on new responsibilities and own them end to end
- Flexibility - We are disrupting an industry so changes to traditional processes should be expected
- Ability to deal with extremely confidential and sensitive information
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and able to digest and interpret large datasets. Experience with SQL and Looker/other BI tools, is a plus
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health insurance for you (& your loved ones) from day one - Enjoy a One Medical Membership, wellness stipends, family programs and more, on us. We’ve got you and your family covered from day one.
- 401k plan with a match - Retirement may feel more like a pipe dream than a reality but we’re here to help you get there.
- Commuter FSAs - We believe the best ideas come from being together in one place. We just don’t think getting there should be so expensive.
- UNLIMITED PTO - Because we believe that working hard shouldn’t mean always working. Take time for you as often as you need it.
- Exclusive Employee only Bilt Points - We give our employees unique opportunities to earn points throughout their time at Bilt.
- Team Events - We believe in human connection so we hold events to help our employees break from the monotony of the typical work week.
At Bilt Rewards, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Bilt’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Bilt's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Bilt rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a Payments Operations Analyst is $80,000 - 125,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance-based bonus.