Director, Fraud Prevention
Role: Director, Fraud Prevention
Reporting to: Head of Card
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards will enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Launched in June 2021, Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees. In October 2022, Bilt announced a valuation of $1.5 billion following a $150 million growth round to advance our loyalty program and credit card for renters.
What’s the role?
As the Director of Fraud Prevention, you will be responsible for fraud prevention across the business, including loyalty program abuse, ACH/Check/bank account fraud, credit card fraud (in partnership with Wells Fargo’s Risk Management team). You will own fraud prevention end-to-end, from identifying fraudulent behaviors or areas to improve existing fraud strategies to determining and implementing solutions. You will work across functions closely with the Head of Card, the Head of Loyalty, the COO, the Head of Engineering, Head of Product and CISO.
In this role you will:
- Identify opportunities to prevent fraud and develop and implement strategies to mitigate fraud while balancing ease of customer experience
- Monitor customer interactions and mitigate fraudulent behaviors
- Enforce Bilt policies for fraudulent actors (including working closely with Bilt’s GC, external counsel and law enforcement on investigating and pursuing remedies for fraud)
- Learn from and work closely with the Head of Credit Card Risk Management and Credit Card Fraud team at Wells Fargo to implement joint fraud management strategies
- Work with a number of other critical partners (e.g., Bilt’s banking partners, Mastercard, fraud prevention vendors etc.) to implement fraud prevention strategies
Who you are:
You are a dynamic versatile problem-solver who is detail oriented and able to identify opportunities for improvement and see solutions end-to-end. You are solution-oriented – looking for ways to mitigate / prevent fraud while delivering best-in-class customer experience and reduce friction. You work well with internal and external teams to develop strategies and implement solutions. Prior fraud experience is a plus, but not required for a quick-learner who can solve complex, nuanced problems efficiently.
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 4+ years’ experience in risk/fraud/credit at a bank/lender (credit card or deposit focus is a plus) OR tier 1 investment banking
- Strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills to work across functions internally and externally with partners
- Strong judgment and ability to solve complex and nuanced problem
Bilt believes in paying our employees based on market rates and on experience. If you believe your salary should be higher than the listed range, please let us know.
Salary: $ 150,000 - $200,000 + Equity