Technical Product Manager
Billd is a fast-growing fintech company looking to disrupt a $1.4 trillion dollar industry. We offer industry-leading financial and technology products to empower our customers. We believe in championing the underdog because no one else does.
We’re equally committed to the motivated professionals that make up the Billd family. We are proud to have been recognized as Austin's fastest-growing private company by Austin Business Journal, and one of the best to work for by Built In. As a rapidly growing company, there are numerous opportunities for internal growth and career development.
You will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career. We encourage creativity, initiative, collaboration, playfulness, and a strong work-life balance. We call our beautiful campus, located in Austin, TX, home and have a hybrid work model that allows employees the flexibility to work from home one day per week.
We are seeking a skilled Technical Product Manager to own our core servicing platform. This is a high impact and high visibility role, as you will be instrumental in driving and advancing our platform that powers all workflows and business processes at Billd. In this role, the technical product manager will drive alignment across our organization on work to be done and work directly with our engineering team to ensure quality delivery.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to proactively identify and implement new features, capabilities, and integrations that optimize business processes and uphold the highest standards of data integrity. Your role will involve not only maintaining the platform but also developing comprehensive subject matter expertise and creating detailed documentation to facilitate a shared understanding of the platform's functionalities.
As the product owner within our agile scrum team, you will lead and contribute to daily standups, sprint planning sessions, and requirements reviews. Taking charge of both business and technical requirements, you will be responsible for effectively communicating these requirements to developers and coordinating seamless testing and deployment.
As the forefront disruptor in the construction fintech industry, aiming to revolutionize a $1.4 trillion sector, we are searching for a candidate who embodies a true passion for fintech and possesses the drive to solve the financial challenges within the construction sector.
What You'll Do
- Develop detailed requirements for new features and functionalities, ensuring they are clearly understood by relevant business and technical teams
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization to accurately capture and manage business requirements
- Define clear acceptance criteria for new releases, working closely with QA to ensure they are understood and properly incorporated into the testing process
- Develop a product vision and roadmap for our servicing platform leveraging internal feedback, industry insights, and data-driven analysis
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date product backlog, ensuring that it is prioritized according to business objectives, product roadmap, and stakeholder expectations
- Facilitate grooming sessions within the agile scrum team to ensure the engineering team has a clear understanding of the requirements prior to technical delivery
- Identify roadblocks and bottlenecks, working closely with technical teams to address and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Prioritize and triage incoming requests for new features, functionalities, and bug fixes based on impact, urgency and alignment with business goals, using a systematic approach
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the delivery of new releases to the platform, ensuring all relevant stakeholders are informed, aligned and trained appropriately
- Manage relationships with external vendors, holding them accountable to timelines and delivery expectations when necessary
- Monitor the platform, identifying and resolving issues, bugs, and functional gaps that may impact business operations, with a well-defined plan for resolution when required
- Ensure documentation is up to date in order to establish a common understanding of the platform’s functionality
Skills and Qualifications
- Natural curiosity in fintech and revolutionizing the construction industry
- An innovative mindset, always looking for a better way to do things
- Careful attention to detail, while never losing sight of the big picture
- Impeccable follow through. You do what you say and say what you do
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence small teams of engineers towards a common goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain complex topics and bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams
- Strong sense of responsibility and project management; driving initiatives from inception to completion while managing stakeholder expectations
- Experience managing internal platforms and operational systems
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Familiarity with agile and scrum methodologies a plus
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a technology delivery role creating business and technical requirements
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status