Senior Financial Analyst
Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL
This position is based at Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company!
This role reports to the FP&A Manager for pricing and post sales and is a key member of the FP&A team. FP&A is responsible for improving strategic, operational and financial decision support across the company. This is accomplished by monitoring financial trends of the business, including the annual financial plan, multi-year operating model, forecast updates, capital allocation, and by providing ongoing analytical support to our business partners.
What you’ll be doing
- Support and lead business case, financial analysis and value creation for strategic initiatives
- Assist in accounting processes related to close; work closely with G&A and Accounting to forecast and track activities for internal functions and external vendors as part of period close process
- Assist with regular reporting of key metrics - enhancing reporting accuracy and improving turnaround timeframes
- Assist in forecasting and managing to rewards forecast/targets this would include managing aspects of the rewards deal desk and ongoing rewards strategy
- Support the ongoing analysis (including market research) and strategy for our rewards program(s)
- Work with Product and Revenue Ops to ensure opportunities are properly built and that we maintain high integrity in our documentation and Salesforce data
- Perform analysis on all the variables that impact our margins (there are many), and provide strategic recommendations on how we can continue to drive profitable revenue
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a high growth corporate finance environment with heavy emphasis on analytics
- Advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, modeling, reporting and analysis at scale
- Experience in a SaaS or FinTech company will be helpful
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Experience with providing analytical support to drive financial performance
- Success in improving reporting processes
- Background in using Adaptive Insights for budgeting and monitoring results
- Ability to drive and understand financial implications for certain decisions
- Experience business partnering for exceptional financial results
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?