Senior Designer, Creative Studio
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Reporting to the Associate Director, Creative Studio at BILL, the Senior Designer will be responsible for bringing the BILL brand to life through compelling creative campaigns across our marketing, such as paid advertising, content, experiential and product marketing.
They will be an integral part of a Creative Studio team that collaborates closely with our Brand, Growth, Product and Content teams to develop impactful integrated creative campaigns that deliver strong business outcomes.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of what it takes to produce expert designs for brands and be able to show a portfolio that displays this. They’ll be an effective and respectful communicator, and be energized by working in a collaborative creative team of writers, designers and project managers.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Developing creative campaigns from start to finish
- Executing brand and marketing assets with expert use of typography and layout across all platforms, including: social media campaigns, digital ads, website and landing pages, print collateral, presentation decks, eBooks and email templates
- Creating and maintaining brand systems across marketing materials
- Incorporating motion design into previous campaigns
- Collaborating within cross-functional marketing teams
- Taking the lead on projects and seeing them through
- Presenting creative work to stakeholders both within and outside of the marketing department
- Excelling in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Being part of a close-knit creative team that values learning from each other
We’d love to chat if you have:
- At least six years of visual design experience in an in-house creative studio or agency
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing integrated campaign design, typography, and visual design skills
- Strong conceptual abilities and a talent for storytelling
- Technical motion design skills would be advantageous
- A good understanding of business priorities and how to manage internal constraints
- Willingness to receive feedback and an ability to thoughtfully and clearly deliver feedback to others
- Exceptional communication skills, able to clearly convey design intent, advocate for their work, and suggest alternative ideas to peers and managers
- Committed to maintaining a high standard of creative quality for themselves and others, while always striving to find the best solution to meet company goals
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills, collaborative mindset, and adept at working cross-functionally.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?