Senior Financial Analyst
Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL
This position is based at San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company!
BILL is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A. We are looking for a professional who is intellectually curious, analytical and always thriving to get to the bottom of the business drivers to help us grow. You should be experienced in improving processes, building cross-functional partnerships and driving cost efficiencies in a fast-paced technology company.
Perfect match for this role will be a results-driven candidate with exceptional organizational, technical and people skills. The selected candidate should be a true team player, capable of thinking outside the box, communicate effectively to non-financial audiences and open to rolling up their sleeves to learn and adjust in a fast paced environment.
- This will be a highly visible role across FP&A, Product, Procurement, Operations, Pricing and Accounting teams with the responsibility to understand and dive deep into the core drivers of gross and contribution margins at the product level
- Responsible for driving and optimizing product profitability reporting, fine-tuning BvA analysis and driving forecasting precision
- Partnering with Product, Procurement and FP&A stakeholders on key gross and contribution margin optimization initiatives at the product level by tracking profitability improvement projects, building monthly scorecards and providing ROI analysis for profitability improvement opportunities
- Collaborating across the cross-functional teams to deep dive into metrics, provide data analysis, establish KPIs to ensure insights into margin trends at the product level for timely decision-making
- Supporting cost and profitability analysis for new product launches to optimize cost structure and support pricing decisions
- Improving and automating reporting flows and completing ad hoc projects
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or related field, a Masters’ degree or MBA is a plus
- 4+ years in FP&A, strategic finance, corporate finance or management consulting
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with an understanding of SaaS business model
- Payments industry experience is a plus
- Experience with budgeting/forecasting tool, experience with Adaptive is a plus
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?