Risk Finance and Strategy Manager, FP&A
Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are seeking an experienced Risk Strategy & Finance Manager, FP&A with a strong analytical background to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving financial insights and strategy for managing the financial risk of our credit products portfolio as well as leading the Risk function’s financial planning and analysis activities. The ideal candidate will be analytical, detail-oriented, and have a strong background in data analysis and financial modeling.
- Partner closely with Data Science & Analytics and Product teams to drive successful management of losses while optimizing business growth
- Develop and implement financial models incorporating analytics and data-driven insights to support and influence strategic business decisions
- Lead the financial planning and analysis process, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for Risk function
- Develop and monitor critical business metrics to identify trends, risks, and opportunities and communicate actionable insights to stakeholders
- Prepare and present reports to senior management on financial performance and business insights
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify areas for process improvement and optimization
- Collaborate with accounting to ensure accuracy and compliance of financial statements
- Manage ad-hoc projects as required to support business needs
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Data Science & Analytics required
- At least 3+ years of experience with experience in data analytics and modeling
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to interpret complex financial data
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement data-driven insights and recommendations
- Advanced Excel skills
- SaaS experience preferred
- Experience with Tableau a plus
- Financial planning and analysis strongly preferred
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?