Marketing Specialist, Associate
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Our Community and Events team is dedicated to creating and supporting educational events for accounting professionals and empowering them to better serve the small-to-medium sized business community. In addition to the great work we’re doing to serve customers, we’re also dedicated to the growth and development of our people.
This entry level position is perfect for someone who wants to kickstart a rewarding career in marketing. In this role, you will learn the basics of event and webinar strategy, product messaging, partnerships, and more:
- Responsible for webinar program logistics and content calendar
- Coordinate with vendors and speakers
- Create and manage supporting assets
- Learn and manage the basics of lead-flow
- Build relationships with current and potential partners
- Learn about our customers and how to use product messaging
- Help with basic event logistics
- Potential for travel, product demos, and helping at tradeshows
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Experience in using creative problem solving
- Availability to work in-office 9am-5pm Mountain Time, weekdays only
- Drive to meet or exceed goals, metrics, and expectations consistently
- Excellent record of reliability as demonstrated through attendance and performance of job-related tasks
- Experience with Marketo, Salesforce, Asana, and Google applications are a plus
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Attention to Detail - strives for accuracy and consistency, accountability for self—provides suggestions to improve processes steadily and effectively
- Learning Agility - fosters a culture of interest, curiosity, and learning
- Organizing & Planning - manages their time wisely and effectively prioritizes multiple tasks
- Relationship Building - establishes and maintains relationships throughout the organization—communicates empathy toward others, respect for the individual, and appreciation of diversity among team members
- Communication - clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, & concepts in writing & verbally, using correct & appropriate grammar, organization, & structure. Able to deliver presentations to immediate team, easily adapting content & style to the audience. Recognizes the value of continuous information exchange. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in Utah.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in Draper, UT. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
This role is based in Utah.
The estimated hourly range for this role is noted below for our office location in Draper, UT. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants