Senior Software Engineer - U.P. Initiative
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
BILL is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Identity team. As a senior engineer you will be leading projects in our enterprise SaaS application used by millions of SMBs. In this role, you will collaborate on product and technical design with talented product managers and engineers. Our team works on all things auth, whether that’s authenticating users at our products’ front doors, or authorizing what those users can do through roles and permissions.
This position is based in Draper, Utah.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Minimum 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience will be considered
- Complete confidence in planning, writing, testing, shipping, and maintaining high-quality and resilient code
- Strong understanding of engineering, product, and design interoperation and communication
- Test-driven development mindset and pride in code resilience
- Collaborative, high-trust approach to team building and collaboration
- Experience architecting large scale, high volume, high availability services
- Passion for great products and building great experiences, Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale.
- Love leading technical discussions and mentoring other engineers
- Experience with Elixir, Ecto and Phoenix
- Familiarity with event sourcing or Kafka
- Knowledge of microservice architecture, patterns and common anti-patterns.
- Experience in the payments industry or building payment applications would be a bonus.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more!
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants