IT Incident Manager/Response Specialist (Remote)
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position can be based US Remote with a primary focus on supporting the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
- Crisis management & Crisis Communication
- Act as an Incident Commander for the Incident Management process, and communicate with different team members based on the incident priority.
- Rapidly respond to IT Incidents to reduce downtime and disruption of our operations. Also Manages P0 and P1 Incidents to drive quick resolution
- Contribute to the reduction of the overall number of incidents and downtime by initiating and driving process improvement efforts.
- Establish a process to continuously improve by performing root-cause analysis and driving the completion of RCA outcomes
- Liaise with the Business, Technical Support Teams, and Incident Management to help coordinate the resolution of incidents.
- Communicate and escalate with stakeholders and senior management for Tools, Network and Applications outages
- Facilitate outage resolution by effective and timely communication across multiple teams
- Be on call as needed for after-hour rotations as required.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- A minimum of 3 years of IT Operations Incident Management Experience and 7+ Years of overall IT Experience
- Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Experience working within Customer Support organizations, Security Teams, Incident Management, Service Management tools (i.e.,JIRA), and SaaS products.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and experience across key architecture layers, including business functionality, applications, infrastructure, and environment operations.
- Strong problem-solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical, and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and think critically when time is of the essence.
- Strong understanding of the IT environment, and technologies in relation to business needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline (or equivalent professional experience and training)
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants