Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose or remote. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company:
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Level Frontend Engineer who is passionate about creating innovative solutions for SMBs and doesn't mind diving into the backend side also! You will be joining a dynamic, cross functional team with the goal of rejuvenating the invoicing experience for our customers. The tech stack you will get to work with includes Angular, GraphQL and Java in an AWS environment.
More specifically, you'll be responsible for:
- Work with the product manager and product designer to create creative and robust solutions to solve our customers’ problem;
- Design, build, maintain and own the implementation and services running in production;
- Drive quality practices throughout the implementation process, from solution design to production;
- Understand and implement suitable coding practices and security standards;
- Strong agile mindset with the willingness to question the why and continuously improve; and
- Sharpening and promoting delivery excellence to ensure customer value is continuously delivered
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for autonomy and the ability to drive their own initiatives! This role will require you to be on call for one week in each month, however this will not be until several months after you commence.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Front-End Development;
- Proven experience with a modern framework like Angular, React or Vue to develop new user-facing features;
- Love building beautiful UI and awesome features with a high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience;
- Previous experience at designing and building frontend at scale;
- Good understanding of testing methodologies, and a zeal for automation at all levels;
- A familiarity with agile environments;
- Experience working in cloud infrastructure is a nice to have, but not essential!
Although we’d be excited if you have the above experience, it’s definitely not a show-stopper. If you are excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the criteria, please still apply as we’d love to hear from you!
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this Remote - California based role is noted below. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants