Sr. Manager, Workforce Management
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in Draper, Utah or Houston, Texas.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
As the Senior Manager of Workforce Management in Customer Experience Operations, you will play a pivotal role in building a workforce strategy and set the bar for how we engage with our customers by enhancing performance and scalability as our team grows. You will act as a thought partner to strategize and execute solutions to support a dynamic operating model while methodically balancing SLAs, Quality, and Cost. This role reports to the Director, CXO Enablement Services.
- Strategy development - Responsible for developing the overall workforce management strategy for the Customer Experience Operations (CXO) organization. This includes setting goals and objectives, identifying areas for improvement, and establishing policies and procedures to optimize workforce utilization and performance.
- Stakeholder engagement and communication - Engage with stakeholders across the organization, including Service Delivery, BPO Partners, and Finance. Collaborate on the WFM strategy and ensure effective communication by sharing performance metrics and insights. Communicate recommendations to leadership in a clear and comprehensive manner.
- Collaboration - Partner with Senior Leadership within Service Delivery and other cross functional leaders to develop staffing strategies that align to the overall product strategy. Collaborate with internal teams to identify opportunity areas for process improvement and help implement them throughout the organization.
- Flexible Staffing - Drive scale strategy for a workforce that is flexible to adapt to customer needs across workforce types, such as full time and 3rd party, service channels and a diverse offering of products. Scale and support people process and technology to operate in a multi faceted service environment.
- Team leadership and development - Build and lead a high-performing team. Recruiting, training, and developing team members, as well as managing performance, setting goals, and providing feedback and coaching as needed. Guide team to become best in class workforce management organization
- Data driven - Define, collect, and track operational metrics to manage and improve planning performance. Distill, synthesize, and drive conclusions based on data in partnership with Customer Experience Operations (CXO) Reporting & Analytics team
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, operations management, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in workforce management, capacity planning, or operations management in a customer service environment. Experience in financial technology solutions is a plus.
- Robust knowledge of MS Excel or Google Sheets required.
- Proficient in WFM applications (Calabrio)
- Ability to think strategically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- An affinity to “talking with numbers”; inherent aptitude to quantify and support conclusions with data.
- Highly analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Extremely organized, detailed and results oriented.
- Excellent written composition and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Ability to lead discussions, presentations and influence effectively.
- Positive, people-oriented and enthusiastic attitude.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants