Account Executive, Corporate
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based remotely.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are looking for talented, high performing team players to join our growing sales team. You will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and converting inbound leads and trials with new prospects of BILL to paying customers. You will be identifying customer pain points, closing business, and prioritizing your book of business. Sales Associates who consistently meet and exceed their targets will be considered for any number of exciting career expansion opportunities within our growing organization
- Manage a variety of leads, including SDR sets and personally sourced leads
- Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships within your segment (40% of new leads will be sourced by personally in an outbound function)
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation, and close
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Divvy’s products and services
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the territory, marketplace, competitive offerings and other business issues relevant to the position
- Use effective time management to maximize results
- Document daily sales activities in Salesforce automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Proven track record of being in the top 10%-20% of your past company
- Outbound lead sourcing experience
- Experience and comfortable working quick sales cycles (40-60 days max; preferably less)
- Experience with best in class tools such as: Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, and Tableau
- Flexibility in working outside of normal hours in order to close deals
- Preferred: cross collaborative environment experience with both lead generation and Implementation/Success teams
- Preferred: background in Finance or Accounting either by way of undergraduate degree or working within the Finance industry
- Preferred: experience working with CFOs, Corporate Controllers, and VPs of Finance - or similar professional suite
- Preferred: experience in B2B and SaaS sales
- Excellent communication skills—written and verbal
- Ability to be powerfully persuasive
- Ability to listen, earn trust, consult, and ask for a sale with potential clients
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work well on a team
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants