Staff Product Manager - Credit Risk Platform
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are looking for a strategic & experienced platform product manager who will be responsible for leading the enterprise-wide Risk Platform for Credit Risk (including underwriting, customer management and collections).
As a member of the product team, you will be responsible for managing the credit/underwriting platform that balances customer experience, business growth & credit risk
- Own and manage the Credit Risk roadmap to provide holistic and consistent Credit Risk controls for B2B payments by clearly understanding the business goals and customer needs across multiple channels (Direct customers, Accountants & Bank partners)
- Innovate, define and deliver high priority payments initiatives by working closely with a cross-functional team of Business owners, Developers, QA, Designers, 3rd-party partners and more
- Align with multiple stakeholders to prioritize initiatives
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 8 years of product management or related professional experience in the B2B Payments industry with extensive domain knowledge in Underwriting/Credit
- Proven track record in getting stuff done and enabling teams to ship products that deliver substantial value with simple & intuitive customer experience
- Direct portfolio management experience over credit risk
- Experience in working at matrixed organizations with strong cross-functional collaboration
- Exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal & external stakeholders
- Experience in agile methodologies and its best practices
- Understanding of other types of risk in B2B Payments (Fraud, Compliance)
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% employee paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants