Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL
This position is based at San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company!
BILL is seeking an organized, motivated and knowledgeable member to support Bill.com’s growth by managing the close and improving the accounting process.
- Manage, coordinate, and lead a team in monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting activities and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results in accordance with US GAAP and global accounting policies.
- Ensure proper accounting standards and controls are applied and in compliance with internal controls, e.g., journal entry review, general ledger account reconciliation review, analytic review of monthly results including detailed analysis.
- Assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests and liaison with external auditors. Ensure audit requests are addressed timely.
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce close time while maintaining accounting integrity and accuracy.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and solve problems.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 5+ years of accounting experience including a public accounting firm and a public company (Tech industry preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment with the desire for continuous improvement
- Experience with NetSuite is strongly preferred
- Experience with Blackline and Coupa is a plus
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants