Staff Software Engineer (Frontend) - UI Platform
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is looking for an experienced UI Platform engineer to join our team. If you are passionate about optimizing software, enjoy being hands on, excited to deliver new and highly performant conveniences for engineering teams and enjoy technical challenges, this is the job for you! In this role, you’ll work on scalable solutions in service of accelerating UI engineering teams. You will be collaborating on technical design decisions and approaches with highly talented product managers and staff engineers.
UI Platform Team
The UI Platform team delivers performance as a service to BILL's engineering organization. By producing products for engineers, such as normalized client integrations with backend services, optimized project templates, libraries, and tools, the UI Platform team serves to enable higher velocity, consistent practices, and ease of constructing experiences in the composable architecture. We build reusable components that deliver UI/Service integrations that solve common problems like localization, experimentation, logging, and feature gating. Our challenge is abstraction, generalization, and optimizing our engineering teams to deliver swiftly. We have a high impact role in optimizing deployment pipelines that facilitate BILL's composable architecture.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 8+ years of development experience or 6+ years of experience with masters in relevant field
- Build systems for SPA - webpack, ES6 transpilers, CSS frameworks
- Efficient DOM manipulation
- Experience building products using infrastructure as code systems (i.e.AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet)
- Container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and AWS Fargate
- Other: SOA/REST, NodeJS, Application scalability
- Exposure to GraphQL
- Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology, functional programming style
- Familiarity with composable architecture
- Expertise building, testing, and productionizing composed applications with module federation
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs and much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants