B2B Marketing Coordinator, Betterment for Advisors
Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
Betterment for Advisors is a leading custodial platform that empowers financial professionals to deliver personalized investment management and planning services to their clients. We are at the forefront of wealth management technology, and pride ourselves on delivering exceptional products to the independent advisory firms we serve.
Betterment’s B2B Marketing Team is seeking a driven marketer to aid in the designing and execution of growth strategies for our rapidly growing advisor business line.
Working closely with the broader Acquisition Marketing and Betterment for Advisors organizations, you will help execute brand awareness, lead generation, and lead nurture campaigns to help build our pipeline of small advisory practices seeking a cutting-edge wealth management solution. In this role, you will help implement integrated campaigns reaching both prospects and customers, develop winning content, and help deliver qualified leads to our Advisor Sales partners.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Below we've reflected the base salary range we would offer for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
New York City: $65,000 - $75,000
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, life and AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, EAP, commuter and parking benefits, FSA/HSA, and 401(k)with employer match as well as a flexible PTO policy.
A day in the life
- Support the content marketing strategy across owned channels to grow inbound lead generation
- Facilitate cross-functional communication among project stakeholders
- Distribute marketing content consistently across web, social, and email channels, ensuring it is compelling, engaging, and can drive relevant traffic
- Support marketing automation and nurture efforts.
- Execute against paid media plans including; assisting with vendor management, coordinating creative and compliance requests, and developing channel recommendations based on performance
- Monitor and report on marketing performance metrics to continuously improve campaign results
- Create sales enablement materials to foster customer engagement and support cross-sell initiatives across Betterment’s advisor business lines
- Assist with live event production and execute field activities with a high degree of professionalism
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years experience in B2B or SaaS Marketing
- Proficiency in marketing automation, CRM systems, and analytics tools; Hubspot experience a plus
- Proficiency in paid media buying
- Collaborative team player who excels at building relationships and has a desire to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, draw insights, and optimize campaign strategies for the greatest down-funnel impact
- Passion for disrupting an industry and being part of a team directly responsible for customer growth
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong project management skills and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people's lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselves—and we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we're at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™️
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
CPRA Language - CA Applicants ONLY
For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly.