Sr. Client Experience Operations Manager
Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
Betterment at Work is looking for an experienced client-facing leader who will support the post-sales teams operations across onboarding, retaining and driving revenue growth from existing clients.
Reporting into the Senior Director, B2B Client Experience, the Betterment at Work Client Experience Operations Manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining and championing the Voice of the Client and post-sale client-facing teams to drive a customer-focused mindset for B2B clients that delivers actionable insights for use in strategy development and activations.
We are looking for someone with high growth experience coaching, training and supporting post-sales. The ideal candidate will effectively liaise with stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to appropriately represent and prioritize the needs of several teams.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Below we've reflected the base salary range we would offer for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
- New York City: $125,000 - $145,000
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, life and AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, EAP, commuter and parking benefits FSA/HSA, and 401(k) with employer match as well as a flexible PTO policy. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of a company incentive bonus.
A day in the life
- Conduct analysis and reporting on client experience feedback and metrics, identifying trends and areas for improvement, and communicating findings to leadership
- In partnership with business systems, maintain tools used by the client experience team, ensuring they are up-to-date, properly integrated, and delivering value to the organization
- Create and deliver consistent training programs for internal teams to ensure proficiency in role, product, industry and systems
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure that client experience strategies and initiatives are aligned with business objectives
- Lead the development of playbooks, guides, and other resources that will help ensure consistent and world-class client experience at scale
- Proactively identify and resolve process issues across post-sales teams and within hand-offs between sales and post-sales to ensure successful client outcomes
- Develop and standardize consistent feedback loops for client-facing teams at scale
- Drive continuous improvement through regular review of processes, policies, and procedures, and the implementation of new tools and technologies as appropriate
- Serve as an advocate for the B2B client, ensuring their voice is heard and their needs are met throughout the organization
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of leadership experience in B2B Client Experience, or equivalent client-facing roles
- Demonstrated ability to lead coaching, training, and enablement for customer-facing team to exceed performance goals — strong talent development and cross-functional communication skills
- Experience in high-growth SaaS, SMB and Mid-Market clients, with a focus on retention and upsell
- History of improving processes, methodologies, programs, or frameworks that increased team performance
- Confidence in presenting strategy, insights, achievements, and quarterly progress updates to senior stakeholders in a compelling manner
- Experience in Zendesk and Salesforce required, Hubspot a plus
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people's lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselves—and we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we're at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™️
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
CPRA Language - CA Applicants ONLY
For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly.