People Operations Lead
People & HR, Operations
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Bestow is a leader in the modern life insurance space. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and a leading enterprise SaaS provider, Bestow is on a mission to increase financial stability for everyone. We’re a series-C start-up with a remote/hybrid workforce offering work-life balance and equity to all employees.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The people team is responsible for supporting Bestow team members. Our mission is to build an inclusive and productive work environment where people can do their best and most meaningful work. Some of our fundamental responsibilities are recruitment & onboarding, employee experience, performance management, compensation & benefits, and compliance. We work cross-functionally to support our team members, ensuring they are engaged, productive, and aligned with Bestow's goals and principles.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Bestow is looking for a People Operations Lead to join our growing people team. Your primary responsibility will be collaborating and supporting the HR team, overseeing various HR functions, from performance management and employee relations to operations and benefits management. In this key role, you will work closely with the finance, legal, talent acquisition, and organizational leaders. Your expertise in HR practices, legal compliance, and employee engagement will be pivotal in creating a workplace that promotes well-being and professional development. As a People Operations Lead, you’ll drive our commitment to a positive and inclusive workplace culture and help set the standard for our employees’ overall experience.
This role reports to our Director of People and is a hybrid role that requires someone to be in our Downtown Dallas office 2-3 times weekly.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to implement and redefine an excellent onboarding and offboarding process
- Support and manage the performance review process for employees and leaders
- Assist and partner with the team committee to implement team-building and other activities to build and support company culture.
- Conduct routine HR audits to ensure accuracy and scalability by owning and evolving the company HRIS, benefit administration, engagement, and performance management systems.
- Identify priority areas for automation and process improvement
- Act as a resource to employees and leaders by supporting general HR inquiries, including but not limited to payroll, benefits, performance, leave of absence, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for federal, state, and local compliance matters
- Requirements and Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of experience in human resources
- Professional certification such as SHRM-CP or PHR.
- You are proficient with BambooHR, Excel, Culture Amp, and Employee Navigator.
- Strong technical aptitude
- Proven success in effectively managing and resolving diverse and complex challenges by applying creative solutions and maintaining a positive attitude to attain desired outcomes.
- Experience in a start-up or fast-paced SaaS companies
- Superior communication skills
- You are highly organized, and you pay close attention to detail
Competitive salary and equity based on role
Flexible PTO plan
100% paid-premium option for medical, dental, and vision insurance
Paid parental leave
Lifestyle stipend to support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing
Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We are proud to prioritize the employee experience at Bestow and to see that awarded by our team members and the industry:
Best Place for Working Parents 2023
Great Place to Work Certified, 2022 + 2023
Built In Best Places to Work, 2022 + 2023
Fortunes Best Workplaces in Texas 2022 + 2023
Fortunes Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance 2022 + 2023
Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022
Fortune Best Medium Workplaces 2022
Best Workplaces for Millennials 2022
We value diversity at Bestow. The company will hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.