Director, Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Bestow is a leader in the modern life insurance space. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and a leading enterprise SaaS provider, Bestow is on a mission to increase financial stability for everyone. We’re a series-C start-up with a remote/hybrid workforce offering work-life balance and equity to all employees.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Bestow Revenue team is on a mission to transform the Life Insurance industry by providing insurance carriers with the technology platform to innovate and improve their products and distribution. Our end-to-end Enterprise SaaS platform allows carriers to stand up fully customized life insurance products rapidly, offer their customers and advisors a cutting-edge experience, and grow their business through continuous testing and iteration. The end-to-end platform approach is truly unique in Insurance technology and allows our clients to avoid costly integrations. This value proposition makes our platform a truly transformational technology for Life Insurance carriers!
Open to Remote (US) #LI-Remote
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Director of Business Development who will become a driver of the industry transformation! To our future partners - Life Insurance carriers - we will demonstrate how Bestow can help them grow revenue and improve profitability by developing new life products and expanding distribution on our technology platform. The Director of Business Development will become a trusted advisor to business leaders at top insurance companies and help them meet their strategic goals by leveraging the Bestow SaaS platform.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the business development process and account strategy for generating and developing business opportunities with large enterprise partners - life insurance carriers.
- Manage multiple opportunities through different stages of the business development cycle at one time, working with cross-functional teams as needed and serving as the primary partner contact during the business development process.
- Influence key decision makers at target carriers and position the Bestow Enterprise platform through value-based selling, business case definition, return on investment analysis, references, and analyst insight.
- Conduct in-depth discovery of carrier needs to inform Bestow Enterprise strategy and roadmap.
- Work to deepen relationships with carriers to expand into new products distribution channels and identify additional revenue opportunities.
- Set, track, and exceed the revenue goals for the Enterprise SaaS business.
THIS ROLE REPORS TO
- Our Chief Revenue Officer
- 6+ years of work experience in business development, management consulting or enterprise SaaS sales
- Insurance experience strongly preferred - working in the industry, consulting insurance carriers or providing technology-enabled solutions to insurance clients
- Experience with enterprise sales/ partnerships that involved navigating clients’ organizations and securing buy-in from multiple decision-makers strongly preferred
- Hunter mentality with an ability to cultivate and grow net new relationships from scratch
- Desire and ability to take initiative, comfort with ambiguity, and a bias toward action
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Competitive salary and equity-based on role
Flexible PTO plan
100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
Paid parental leave
Annual lifestyle spending account to support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing
Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We are proud to prioritize the employee experience at Bestow and to see that awarded by our team members and the industry:
Best Place for Working Parents 2023
Great Place to Work Certified, 2022 + 2023
Built in Best Places to Work, 2022 + 2023
Fortunes Best Workplaces in Texas 2022 + 2023
Fortunes Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance 2022 + 2023
Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022
Fortune Best Medium Workplaces 2022
Best Workplaces for Millennials 2022
We value diversity at Bestow. The company will hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.