Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Bestow is a leader in the modern life insurance space. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and a leading enterprise SaaS provider, Bestow is on a mission to increase financial stability for everyone. We’re a series-C start-up with a remote/hybrid workforce offering work-life balance and equity to all employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Bestow seeks a Contracts Administrator/Paralegal to support the company’s Legal Department. You will report directly to our Director, Legal Affairs. You will be responsible for providing a range of contracts and administrative support to the legal team. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and has law firm and/or in-house experience with contract administration and procurement.
You are a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. You can handle multiple projects with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up. You thoroughly know basic legal contracts, including legal principles, legal research techniques, and terminology.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE REQUIRING THIS PERSON TO BE IN OUR DOWNTOWN DALLAS TWICE A WEEK.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bestow's legal, compliance, and security team aims to maintain strict compliance within the highly regulated insurance industry and make doing so part of Bestow’s workforce’s culture. The team regularly facilitates training, evaluations, and audits of the company processes to support product, insurance, marketing, and other teams operating efficiently and within the law. From contract negotiations to regulatory filings and risk mitigation, we aim to maintain Bestow’s reputation as one of professionalism and integrity.
Your Day to Day
- Oversee the contract administration process, including planning, collaboration, negotiation, execution, and management of corporate agreements, such as non-disclosure, marketing, SaaS, and independent contractor agreements.
- Administer our Contracts Management System, IronClad, for the workflow, review, approval, repository, and procurement of all Bestow contracts.
- Produce documents related to the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates.
- Draft legal documents such as NDAs, ICAs, and Vendor Agreements
- Check legal forms and documents for accuracy.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance administration
- Regulatory knowledge of Life Insurance in regard to partnership, marketing, and finance agreements.
- Negotiate purchase terms and conditions.
- Good working knowledge of purchasing strategies.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree, or Certificate program in paralegal studies
- Minimum of 6-8 years of legal experience, preferably supporting a life insurance practice
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles, legal research techniques, legal terminology, and government regulations
- Proven work experience as a Procurement Specialist or similar role.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and present solutions to the General Counsel
- Excellent legal drafting, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to be detail-oriented, diligent, and flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a professional manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with G Suite Applications
- Proficient with IronClad or a similar contracts administration system
- Paralegal Certificate is desired but not required
- Texas Notary Public Certification is preferred but not required
Competitive salary and equity-based on role
Flexible PTO plan
100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
Paid parental leave
Annual lifestyle spending account to support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing
Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We are proud to prioritize the employee experience at Bestow and to see that awarded by our team members and the industry:
Best Place for Working Parents 2023
Great Place to Work Certified, 2022 + 2023
Built in Best Places to Work, 2022 + 2023
Fortunes Best Workplaces in Texas 2022 + 2023
Fortunes Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance 2022 + 2023
Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022
Fortune Best Medium Workplaces 2022
Best Workplaces for Millennials 2022
We value diversity at Bestow. The company will hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.