Life Underwriting Consultant
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Bestow is a leader in the modern life insurance space. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and a leading enterprise SaaS provider, Bestow is on a mission to increase financial stability for everyone. We’re a series-C start-up with a remote/hybrid workforce offering work-life balance and equity to all employees.
ABOUT THE TEAM
As our Underwriting Operations Consultant, you will join the insurance innovation team while working across Bestow and alongside our carrier partners and reinsurers. As the industry evolves rapidly, you will help develop solutions that balance efficiency, flexibility, and solid risk management protocols.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Execute underwriting strategy and follow established underwriting guidelines.
- Execute administrative tasks such as underwriting data vendor audits, reinstatements/reconsiderations, and initial rescission reviews.
- Oversee underwriting decisions of an automated underwriting rules engine to ensure proper outcomes.
- Enhance, monitor, and support the underwriting logic and data within our instant decision underwriting platform.
- Conduct audits to monitor the performance and functionality of our platform and review decisions of third-party and internal underwriters.
- Responsible for managing various customer inquiries related to Underwriting, creating a positive customer experience.
- Monitor underwriting metrics and data to identify opportunities and recommend improvements.
THIS ROLE REPORTS TO
- Underwriting Director
- 5+ years of production life insurance underwriting experience
- 1+ year experience with direct-to-consumer underwriting
- AALU, ALMI, or CLU, Preferred
- Strong technical background (proficiency with data analysis)
- Experience working with MIB codes and procedures
- Experience evaluating and recommending action on possible rescissions and contestable claims
- Experience conducting underwriting audits
- Experience conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- An understanding of the legal/compliance framework for life insurance and underwriting
- You excel in an independent work culture; you’re a self-starter
- You are adaptable and embrace change
Competitive salary and equity-based on role
Flexible PTO plan
100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
Paid parental leave
Annual lifestyle spending account to support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing
Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We are proud to prioritize the employee experience at Bestow and to see that awarded by our team members and the industry:
Best Place for Working Parents 2023
Great Place to Work Certified, 2022 + 2023
Built in Best Places to Work, 2022 + 2023
Fortunes Best Workplaces in Texas 2022 + 2023
Fortunes Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance 2022 + 2023
Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022
Fortune Best Medium Workplaces 2022
Best Workplaces for Millennials 2022
We value diversity at Bestow. The company will hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.